Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Half Pay jobs on HSDs Install...

To reply to the need of a policy to cover a PC tech....

There is somewhat of I policy I put into place when I ran our St. Louis operation. I had all of my technicians follow a certain checklist when doing a modem installation. If you go in this order, and write your results accordingly, you are covered, and so is the prime. (By the way, Charter loves this policy, and will worship the ground you walk on if you do it right)

1. Have the customer shut down the pc when you get there.
2. Boot the computer, and check for errors on startup, making sure you hit the escape key when the windows splash screen comes up. Log any and ALL errors, no matter how small.
3. When you get to the desktop, check device manager for any flags, logging any you see, even if it's as stupid as a camera.
3. Check all of your IRQ settings to insure there are no conflicts.
4. Connect on their dial up account to insure I.E. is functioning properly.

If there are any errors or flags, Charter will tell you to walk away, and tell the customer to have their computer serviced to get rid of any errors, and you will come back. It's better to do this so you don't run the risk of losing your job. WALK AWAY, don't try to fix their errors unless you are 100% you can do so without damaging something. Hope this helps!

Your Friend,
Jim
>
>
> > I dont know what is wrong with
> > CATV Cos out there...
> > How many motherboards need to be
> > cracked or an entire 'stock broker portfolio' wipped off
> > or a 'wizard' tech that moon customers, so that comapnies realize (confused)they need to pay better and select better ??
>
>
> I agree with you 100% I am an HSD installer and I tell you what. There is too much of a liability. The cable companies need to realize that the first thing out of a customers mouth when something happens to the computer within the first couple of weeks after a cable modem install is "the tech broke my computer" Would I would like to see is some kind of policy come about that protects the technician. It can be very hard to pinpoint a computer problem. And it is too easy, in my opinion to just blame it on the technician. If anyon has anything on lowering liablity' such as, procedures that could be followed or something. Let me know!@
This is CABL.com posting #74662. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtAo
Posted in reply to: Re: Half Pay jobs on HSDs Install... by pr112700
There are 0 replies to this message