Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Whos Responsible?

Jim,I have to agree with everything you say. The problem I had was the prime I was with was not being honest with us. If we had known what they knew we could have hit the bar and found work. However to sqeeze that last PENNY out of us we were kept in the dark until BOOM!!! unload trucks boys we are done. I think the big problem is the prime that knows nothing about prime. When one company is labled by an MSO as worthless hacks it seems to spread like cancer to all companys. And thats not fair to the veteran owners and dawgs.
And thats my opinion.(usa)

> Dawgs,
> It has been working quite well for me to post on here once a week, So i've decided to make Mondays my day to bring a new discussion to the table in this forum. This weeks forum is aptly titled "Who's Responsible"?
>
> Now, the reason I ask this question is directly aimed at who is to be held responsible when a contract goes sour (which we all know they tend to do). Who takes blame, and who shells it out? Is there a need to lay blame, or do you cut your losses, grab a beer, hit the cable bar and start looking for new work. The latter would be my personal avenue, but we'll follow the lead of so many who ask "Who's responsible" in need of closure.
>
> When a contract folds in an untimely manner, it is a devestating event. You were just starting to make your car and mortgage payments on time, feed yourself and family more often, and picking up a few of those extra items at the market you would normally pass by, when your supervisor tells your crew to unload their trucks. This is abruptly followed by "What in the jolly green hell happened?!?!"
>
> Far too many times has this happened. Let me tell you what the basic scenario is, followed by a resolution.
>
> Joe Blow has a 10 man crew doing turn-key sales in St. Louis, MO (those who know me know why i'm using St. Louis as an example) for a National Company. Sub after sub is recruited to do the same thing as Joe Blow. Now, after 2 or 3 months of J.B. doing his thing, our "National Company" begins to find minor QC errors... Stage 1. Now the "National Company" has a flag on Joe Blow. Eventually, this flag turns into our "National Company" witholding invoices. Joe Blow, like the rest of us in the industry, is unfortunately floating the company from paycheck to paycheck. So, when they start holding invoices, joe can't afford to pay his folks, but he does anyway, because he cares for his guys. But, this scenario drains Joes bank account, and invoices are still being held. Now what? To make a long story short, Joes company folds, and he gets sued by every sub that worked for him. Here's the question----"Whos's Responsible?"
>
> While there are a multitude of fingers that point at Joe Blow, let's step outside the obvious, look deeper inside, and ask ourselves---"Could I (the sub under Joe) have prevented this?
>
> The Resolution - Dawgs, It's
> our responsibility to keep our heads in the right place at all times. You all know what a shady business cable is (not can be, "IS"). Not everyone in the business is out to get you, just everyone around them. Keep your eyes peeled at all times for the warning signs -- 1 Late Payment - Broken Promises (no matter how small) - Decrease in management - inability to get equipment from MSO... These are all warning signs that something is happening, but your Prime usually won't inform you of such company sensitive info. They will try and fix everything, long before you catch wind of it.
>
> Primes Don't Bullsh** your people. Your people feed you and your family. If something isn't right on your project, DO NOT TELL THESE DAWGS EVERYTHING IS FINE. Be honest with them, give them the opportunity to make their own decision.
>
> Folks, we're in the communication business, and communication with eachother is essential to the success of any contract. Witholding information is just as bad as witholding a paycheck.
>
> For more information on communication, I reccomend speaking with someone From FOSTER COMMUNICATIONS or SPARKS COMMUNICATIONS... These are A-1professional primes that have mastered this concept.
>
> Thanks for Reading... See you next monday.
>
> Your Friend,
> Jim(ninja)
This is CABL.com posting #74553. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtyD
Posted in reply to: Whos Responsible? by lonestargod
There are 0 replies to this message