Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: drugs thanx

A guy once told me, "if it weren't for the hippies and bikers, there wouldn't be any cable tv". Like it or not, that's a pretty acurate statement.

> New tests are derived from hair samplings. Apparently, the roots of your hair tell a story similar to the rings on a tree stump.
>
>
>
> > YEAH THE Drunks are well more of a problem than the potheads. Those are the ones you find sleeping under a tree in the lap of luxuray of cold ac from their diesel bucket truck that the company pays for.(from being hung over) Never known too many potheads that get hung over. There is no test that can prove how long ago it has been since you smoked pot. Thats why it's not legal. If alcohol caused you to fail a breathalyzer from 2 days ago, then drinking would be screwed.(pimp)(rainfro)(smokin)(rasta)
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > I have to agree with you Zoots. I think if a company is going to drug test their employees, then they should have a test that can detect usage within the past 8 hrs. What a person does after working hours is their own business.
> > >
> > > The companies of today think that they own you 24-7. If that's the case, then why don't they pay you 24-7. Whats the harm in a little stress relief after work. In my years of experience, the daily drinkers have been more of a problem on the job, than the guy who smokes several times a week. Does anybody have a test for that? NO!....because those people are the ones coming up with this sh**.
> > >
> > > > If your project manager is doing lines of the imfamous candy you've got yourself in the midst of a morale and ethical delimma. First, the nose candy as you eluded to is water soluable meaning that it flushes clear from your system within 36-48 Hrs. I would suggest bringing the offense to his/her attention immediately and state how their actions are negatively impacting their professional conduct and/or your operation. (OK, I'm standing tall on the soap box...sue me). If this person doesn't affect his/her behavior you have some sort of a morale obligation to escallate the situation to the next higher ranking official. By the time someone up the ladder finds out and demands an immediate wiz quiz...well, forgattaboutit! He/she is clear.
> > > >
> > > > If the person is smoking ganja or something like it...canabis is fat soluable and gets stored emphatically in the Kidney linings. Depending upon how much smoking has occurred, the THC builds up like plac in your arteries and will hang around for 6-8 weeks. Cardiovascular excersise, drinking tons of water and much Cranberry juice will speed up the cleansing but not eliminate the perpatrating PH/Acid factor that wiz quiz's seek out. Yep, there are many agents on the market that either affect the wiz quiz's test results or alter the PH right out.(rainfro)(smokin)
> > > >
> > > > Anyway you look at it the decision is all yours. There is strength in numbers and I'm sure that most of the public opinion on this list would disagree with what I've stated but I've been around this industry and business long enough to identify what's right and wrong....that is within a business environment. Anything anyone does on their own time outside of work is their own business providing no other people are victimized by the events...
> > > >
> > > > This is just my opinion and I could be wrong but I'm sticking to it.
> > > >
> > > > > You understood and you know thy sell sh** you can take to pass, but when your project manager do a big line in front of you and you do nothing about it or another one is handed some good weed. you get it
> > > > > > When yours wear off would you mind rephrasing your question for those who couldn't understand you in the first place.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I know first hand that many Prime Contractors enforce a "Wiz" Quiz prior to making an offer. Most MSO's do the same thing. Once on board the typical policy is to have all people who are involved in a vehicular incident go through a manditory drug test too. Furthermore, I am to understand that Most MSO's are integrating a random Wiz Quiz for all employees.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Above and beyond that all CDL recipients must go through similar drug screening and testing methodically as well as randomly.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > So, having said this.....whose doin' the splif mon
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I'm otta here....................
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > Why do companies let drugs on their jobs when thy know it and look the other way(confused)(claw)
This is CABL.com posting #74438. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtwM
Posted in reply to: Re: drugs thanx by Zoots Alures
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: drugs thanx Zoots Alures 6/9/2002 4:52:00 PM