Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: attn storm daddy and morpheus

Being "old school" and have put together bids, I tend to disagree with your ascertion that the pay is half. When a prime pays their employee they also pay workers compensation insurance, state disability insurance, social security, medical insurance (if offered the company still pays a part along with the employee), vacation pay, vehicle and fuel expenses, major tool costs and I'm sure there is something else I'm forgetting at the moment. It costs a prime the employee's wages plus approx. 50% for the required insurances plus office help and management wages have to be covered. There are a lot of expenses that a sub does not have to pay unless they have employees. As a prime the costs are slightly less to have an employee than to have a sub, the differance is employees usually don't quit in large numbers and leave you hanging, when a sub pulls out they usually take the whole crew with them.

> I feel that alot of the cabledawgs from the "Old School" have misunderstood my remarks. I am not crying, simply warning the other dawgs to stand their ground. Perhaps your not too old to remember the day when WE (the subs) were paid well and treated well. The same primes are doing the hiring but they realized they could get the same men to do the same quality work and pay them half price if they told them they "ONLY HAVE OPENINGS FOR IN-HOUSE EMPLOYEES". You do the same work for the same people for half the money....(cussing)get it????(scary)
>
> I didn't speak too fast for you, did I "old Timer" oh, I'm sorry I mean "old school"(nitecap)
>
> > Why complain? Anyway, you don't qualify. It sounds like you come under the heading of crybaby.
> >
> > > This is another example of a prime trying to put the screws to subs due to the hard times this industry has fallen unto. This company put a fellow sub from Georgia THROUGH the blender. This guy jumped through all the normal hoops to get the work, insurance, research, phone calls, contracts etc. Got it all in place, drove up to Ohio with his "required crew." Goes into the office for his first day, and all of the sudden Cherokee doesn't need any subs, just in house... "would you be willing to work in house" is what they asked him. WHAT A FREAKIN SCREWING! If Cherokee doesn't need anymore sub's, then how could they POSSIBLY need IN-HOUSE?????? Either the work is there OR IT IS NOT. Answer: The work IS there, Cherokee is simply trying to take advantage of the depressed market. GREED is the bottom line here.
> > >
> > > > Cherokee Cable Contractors Inc. is currently seeking 12 “IN-HOUSE” splicers for our Dayton, OH project.
> > > >
> > > > NO SUB-CONTRACTORS as our sub positions are full.
> > > >
> > > > MUST POSSES THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
> > > >
> > > > Valid Drivers License
> > > > Own transportation
> > > > Pass a Pre-employment Drug Screen
> > > > Technically sound Must be able to Activate
> > > > Safety Minded Quality Oriented
> > > > Team Player Accountable & Responsible
> > > > Clean Cut Appearance
> > > > Cross trainable for MDU
> > > >
> > > > THE FOLLOWING NEED NOT APPLY:
> > > >
> > > > Wannabies Newbies
> > > > Know it alls Baggage Carriers
> > > > Whiners Bad Attitudes
> > > >
> > > > COMPANY PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING:
> > > >
> > > > Truck, Safety Equipment, Fuel, Materials, Management, weekly Paycheck, and Work.
> > > >
> > > > INTERESTED IDIVIDUALS WHO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS can fax their resumes to 937-235-5402. Must have a daytime phone for the initial interviews. No phone calls required, we’ll call the qualified individuals. These positions are to be filled as follows:
> > > >
> > > > Six by 06-10-02
> > > > Six by 06-17-02
> > > >
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Winston Churchill
This is CABL.com posting #74008. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtpQ
Posted in reply to: Re: attn storm daddy and morpheus by Old school
There are 0 replies to this message