Create your free account now! Sign up

Adelphia Veteran

I worked for Adelphia Cable for 15 years. When you think about the commitment they expect out of you for what they want to compensate you with it's crazy, 2:00am outages, out ALL night in the worst possible weather, Never gettin to see your kids,Pushing you to run all day long and not caring if ya ever got home. I can remember times working 23.5 hours and being expected to report in half an hour for your regular shift with no additional compensation let alone a simple thank you!! I got out of the cable industry 2 years ago after just being pushed to the point of prozac after starting in the field in 1980, and I don't have to tell ANY of you old timers how hard it was to leave something that was inbedded in your blood like cable can get. But now I am home in the evenings with NO worries when the storm comes in and i see my kids EVERY night. Sad but Glad i'm done with it!!!

> I wrote:
>
> > I work for a contractor for Adelphia -- and hear that we'll hear about specific cuts in our area tomorrow. I hear that for one of their contractors, that they're cutting to 13 in the Cleveland area and two in one of the outlying areas.
>
> Well, the hammer fell Thursday morning -- the contractor I work for laid off 15 techs who worked Adelphia routes. I work at a smaller Adelphia facility and they cut the contractor techs from four to two; and they cut in half the techs who handle greater Cleveland.
>
> I talked to the field supervisors who had to pass out the bad news and they were pretty bummed. The work loads have increased -- dramatically -- and I'm finding it difficult to get the longer routes done each day.
>
> (butthead)
This is CABL.com posting #73766. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtlW
Posted in reply to: Re: Here is the REALLY bad news... by halfbaked
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Adelphia Veteran Saduchy 6/5/2002 12:42:00 PM