Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Make ready II

In addition to what you've already collected, the Makeready ride out verifies all of the necessary clearances that are needed on existing and newly placed poles. For instance, the ole' rule of 40" clearance below the power neutral, 12" above bell et el., Throughout many make-ready ride outs for new and upcoming CLEC fiber we've all had to relocate to create enough clearance for the new attachments. Sometimes, new class poles(40'-60') needed to be installed and at times those costs were shouldered either by all parties or the one designated custodean(sp). All in all, the make-ready enforcement prevents the lowest attachments from being too low to the ground and to ensures proper separation between attachment tennants.

With regard to an earlier piece on load bearing strand, these bell/power companies are getting real hip on charging per sheath rather than per attachment. That's why during some dual plant upgrades and depending on the ownership and JPA agreement, people are raising and running new single plant HFC and removing the old dual cable (2x sheath package). From an old school rate between $4-8 per attachment to new rates that gauge us at $24-32 per attachment, look at your historical and current P&L trends. You'll be freekn' shocked at your pole-rent lline when it increases by 4-6 times. And if your plant is primarily aerial attachments, your rolled up budget will squeeze out those (at times necessary) increases like bonuses, salary, powering costs etc. etc. etc......

We all have to be real smart as to how we operate our business. The old way of doing business is gone for ever. We're in a changing environment where everyone, and I mean everyone has their hands out looking for $$$$$.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

> (clap)You know what, you guys are great, I really appreciate all the information, you guys are really willing to help, thanks to all that replied.(usa)(clap)
Zoots Alures - Minds are like parachutes. They don't work if they ain't open {Fz}
This is CABL.com posting #71917. Tiny Link: cabl.co/msR7
Posted in reply to: Make ready II by Hawke2
There are 0 replies to this message