Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: DIGITAL BOX ROLLOUT EASTERN SHORE VA.

> PROJECT IS IN PROGRESS NEED 5 MORE TECHS TO START ASAP CALL PETER 757-435-6416

To all potential subs, I warn you of a scam!
I followed up on this gamble (as all out of town jobs are nothing but gambles.) This one has no reward. I had two, two-man crews that I told Peter I would send. I spoke with him on three different occasions to verify the scope of this work. Each time he told me it was a box swap and nothing else. The final time I spoke with him before heading out of town I verified that all we would need were hand tools for cutting jumpers. Peter verified that this was all our crews would need. 649 miles later we arrived in Accomac, VA. The first question we were asked before starting this so called 'box swap' was "Where is your extension ladder?" I called Peter because I assumed this was a mistake and there was some kind of misunderstanding. He acted like I was a fool for being a cable guy with no extension ladder. I have four, I don't transport unnecessary equipment. Let's face it we are all contractors and most of us have been through this kind of thing before. If someone has to lie to get you in town it will only go downhill from there. I'll cut my losses and turn around. I just don't want anyone else to get caught by this scam. You have been warned.

This is CABL.com posting #71842. Tiny Link: cabl.co/msQU
Posted in reply to: DIGITAL BOX ROLLOUT EASTERN SHORE VA. by PDCABL
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: DIGITAL BOX ROLLOUT EASTERN SHORE VA. PDCABL 5/16/2002 7:39:00 AM
Re: DIGITAL BOX ROLLOUT EASTERN SHORE VA. Cable Boss2 5/15/2002 4:28:00 PM