Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Gainmaker LE - 5-40 870Mhz

There are two pilot carriers that S.A. uses it depends on which amp the M.S.O. purchased, 445.25Mhz(ch61)and 547.25Mhz (ch78)you need to check so you get it right.

> All here are the S1 position functions,
> 1. In a AGC configured station the switch positions are as follows
> Pos 1. thermal, a thermistor monitors ambient temperature of the amplifier and drives the bode to compensate for temp changes in the amplifier.
> Pos 2. Manual no level control
> Pos. 3. AGC pilot channel 78 reference level 34 dB for HGD,LGD,HBT. The reference level for an unbalanced tripple is 26 dB, and the reference level for an LE is 29 dB.
>
> For amplifiers without AGC installed the S1 positions function differently they are as follows.
> Pos. 1. Thermal amplifier only. [use in UG applications]
> Pos.2. NOT USED
> Pos.3 Thermal amplifier and coax [use this if the coax preceeding the amplifier is areial]
> These are the manufacturer specifications for Gainmaker amplifiers. Hope this helps!(snipper)
> > So your saying that if you leave an undg. LE (design - "LEM")in switch pos. #2 this is correct ? AT&T required us to re-visit every "LEM" location and move the switch position from #2 - #1.
> >
> > > As far as the switch is concerned.....Position 1 = Thermal set-up.....Position 2 = manual set-up......and position 3 = agc setup.
> > >
> > > The part number for this manual is 593161 Rev D...www.scientificatlanta.com
> > >
> > > > (confused)
> > > >
> > > > I am a new (sweep) qc tech. (4 yrs. as Maint. Tech so not a newbie) I have 2 questions, thanks for your help.
> > > >
> > > > Question: 1
> > > >
> > > > What is the correct switch setting (1 or 2 -no agc)and IS pad and eq for an LE designed as a "LEM" - undg.?
> > > >
> > > > Question: 2
> > > >
> > > > Where is my best resourse for "application notes" for additional simular questions concerning sweep procedures ?.
> > > >
> > > > I prefer online access, as I need to educate myself quickly.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Thank you again for your help.
> > > >
> > > >
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Winston Churchill
This is CABL.com posting #71379. Tiny Link: cabl.co/msJr
Posted in reply to: Re: Gainmaker LE - 5-40 870Mhz by cbltek1
There are 0 replies to this message