Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I need "The Dawgs" Opinions----->

Hello Bro',

I think there would be a turnout that would make it all worth while.  The majority  of linesmen, splicers, sweep-techs  etc., I think have worked for their possessions and do  not like to  think someone would steal them.  I think too, that had  they witnessed a theft they would report it.  What I think helps the overall opinion and conduct of everyone out there is for those of you who would not do these things be vocal about it.  Don't be afraid to share with someone why you don't, or when you quit.  Tell others about the positive results in your life because you do this or don't do that.  Another thing, the  lying and cheating on your women is really not much different if you look at it from the mind of the perpetrator.  Someone pleasing themself with total disregard for the harm or hurt it causes to others.  I for one am quick to admit that I don't cheat and the only lies that are acceptable are to the cops, or if you are protecting yourself or family and then it is always better to tell them that you just aren't going to answer that.  I tell others what the difference is in my relationship with my wife, and that I don't steal because I would rather someone owes me than I owe them.  I have no problem looking any one in the eye and aying Ihavven't done anything here that I wouldn't let my son see, nor Have IO anything on my truck that might cause suspicion.  Every thing I have was bouoght staight out by me and I know it not to be stolen.  That is another point, Let people know You do not buy stolen equipment.   These are my thoughts on this subject and I have been doing these things with a great amount of satisfaction for myself.  I have in the past stolen.  The last item was a fibergalass ladder that a Bell linesman had left hanging over lunch hour.  I was sure I needed it more than him and I stole it.  That ladder literally haunted me every time I looked at it.  I was not proud and that is something that meand alot to me is paying for my tools because I am worth that.  Anything less would subconciously tell me I  am not worth buying new for.  that ladder was in 1982 in Beaumont Texas.   I think alot of times people would not steal if they understood their partners are not impressed by it.  Let us all start speaking up about theft, lying and cheating on our women.  No one is suggesting that we can't have fun anymore.  Rather than lie or cheat on my wife I have agreed to be perfectly honest with her and I ask for permission every time I have the urge or need to trya and take another little honey down, so far no luck but I think she is weakening, I think she feels I might deserve a treat.  If not, that is ok too, I love her. And am loving myself more fore protecting her from lies. This has been my opinion, nothing more nothing less, I have no formall schoolin in any of this I have no scripture to back it up.  I have nothing but the fact I do not want to look as stupid as some I see on TV when they are caught.  If any would stop and think about it we are the last people with the necessity to steal we make plenty.  We are the people with the least reason to cheat,  we do have the FINEST women.   and when you do steal or cheat you are only doing it to yourself ultimately..

Later ya'll......Petergunn

Where there are no alternatives, there is no problem...Petergunn Lookstwice-2001.
This is CABL.com posting #71203. Tiny Link: cabl.co/msGB
Posted in reply to: I need "The Dawgs" Opinions-----> by sprdave
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: I need "The Dawgs" Opinions-TO PETERGUNN the darkside 5/16/2002 1:37:00 AM