Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: splicers needed in Washington and Oregon

You know, I have been reading these replies, and pretty much just laughed them off. I'm not one to drop down to some wanna-be's level and waste my time defending my good name to idiots like this. However, just to set the record straight...Like my partner Wade said, I have been in the cable industry for eighteen years. I have never burned a bridge or made an enemy. I have never lied or screwed anyone out of anything. The prices I quoted this moron were .45 for overlash and .40 for new cable plus prices for de-lash / re-lash and make- ready which don't pertain to this particullar job. Mr. Decker said he was coming for three weeks before he finally left. When he arrived in Tacoma three weeks late with four other people (who I'm sure are very nice and qualified men) two of which didn't even know what a lasher was. Two circa 1970's piece of crap trucks with versalifts 28' to 32' booms. By the way he told me he was bringing "TELSTAS". I bought all five of them breakfast that morning. We went up to meet my contact on the job and were informed that there was very little left to do. We could stay there for the prices quoted and do one and two span clean up to wrap up the project, or go to another job site with all new construction with 200' average spans. I gave Mr. Decker the choice on locations. I did not have my prices for that job on me, but told him they were going to be about .05 less. He chose to go to the other job. When I told him the prices .35 for new coax (.05 less) he agreed. I had a barbeque the next day for his entire crew. ( I fed them all again, and provided beverages) After they left the barbeque (at my home) and a little liquid courage later, he called me bitching about the .35 so I gave him .37 (We made a whopping .03 off him, and he worked under our license, insurance, bond etc.) In the one week he was here, he managed to place a whole 4000' of strand and about 2000' of cable. I could have tripled that in one day off hooks. In closing I would like to say I don't appreciate an individual of this guys caliber bad mouthing my personal name and reputation on the web. I guess some people simply have to execute their inadequacies through cowardly avenues. Full Boar Communications Co. is an excellent company with an outstanding reputation, strong ethics and has the finest employees and subcontractors anywhere and I am proud to be a part of it.
PS. Why, if a guy was so good, would he have to travel 2600 miles for work. Full Boar has more work than we know what to do with. I think there's probably a good reason for that. And I never told Mr. Decker I was a prime, I don't know where he came up with that, and for that matter, why it even matters.
Thank you;

Ron Dillon
Vice President of Operations
Full Boar Communications Co.

>
> after speaking to Wade (majority Owner of Full Bore) I must say that he is 100 percent opposite of Ron Dillon. Wade seems like the type of owner needed in this industry and from our conversation on the phone I myself would consider working for Wade, therefore I am retracting any bad remarks about Full Bore, however I can't retract any remarks made concerning Ron Dillon as he did infact lie about the prices.
> > I left out a very important part of my reply. Ron Dillon has been in this buisness well over 18 years. As the Vice President of Full Boar, he has in no way ever mis-represented my company. He is well respected in this industry and across the nation, with many cable company's.
> >
> > > Mr. Decker...Seems as though you have not been very truthful in your message. Yes, you did drive 2600 miles. You represented yourself as an aerial construction company. In my eyes by the looks of your vehicles, you are more in the line of a splicer. That is probally why only 4000 ft of strand was hung in a week. When you reached Oregon, you were told at that time, Washington was two weeks out, and there was work in Oregon. You, Mr. Decker choose to work for the price that was told to you. Anyone in this buisness knows that prices change from one job site to another, as this one did that Ron Dillon explained to you. I dont recall anyone forcing you to stay, and work for a price that you were not happy with. Everything was going well until you had truck problems, in which we were all sorry to hear about. As the owner of Full Boar, I can, and will say, that you have no right to say these things that are not true. We have worked very hard to get where we are and have NEVER, and will NEVER screw people out of thier money. It seems as though you are the only one in 8 years that has ever had a complaint. FYI...next time, have the balls to state your thoughts to our face. But I guess this would explain, the reason you choose not to return my calls. It is easier to trash people online, than to be a real man.
> > > Signed..owner of Full Boar
> > > Wade.
> > >
> > > > I would like to thank everyone who responded to my ad looking for splicers for E&M Com. the truth is I drove 2600 miles to do this work on the word of Ron Dillon Owner of full bore, then I drove 2600 miles home. the truth is if you are interested in this job you will have to contact schenck (sorry but I don't have a contact #)it seems that Mr. Dillon is not the prime like he says, nor can he pay the prices he quotes as I found out the hard way. The job is a great job, mostly bucket running and they are in need of good help but beware that if you go there for full bore, ron dillon, you will get screwed and wont be able to work for the real prime up there, I am sorry if I am pissing anyone off with this notice but I have recieved a ton of calls for this job and I have been made to look bad and I just want to let everyone know the truth about what's going on. so please stop calling E&M Com. and start calling Schenck.
> > > > THANK YOU.........J'me Decker
This is CABL.com posting #70833. Tiny Link: cabl.co/msAD
Posted in reply to: Re: splicers needed in Washington and Oregon by linedogJJD13
There are 0 replies to this message