Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Gainmaker LE - 5-40 870Mhz OH yeah

As for the AGC pad, the gainmaker AGC uses a pilot @ ch.78 to set the AGC pad set up amplifier in thermal mode measure ch 78 output level -34 dB = pad value this is for LE's HGD, and bal tripple amplifiers. 34 dB is the reference pilot input level.(dizzy)

> The AGC pads are 14 for LE and 9 for duals or tripples. Actually, I believe these numbers were derived from our operating levels. I do know the manual states that the AGC pad should be the output level minus 34 or so. (OL on the high end) I'll find the manual and get the specifics on it.
> Kevin
> > (beerchug)
> > The interstage EQ for Gainmakers, high gain dual and balanced/unbalanced tripples is a 10.5 EQ, the LE's is a 9 EQ. This is factory preset and changing is not recommended by SA. The interstages should be 2 db or lower, to fine tune your output. (any additional padding on the outputs on amps, of course you'll have to screw it the ISPAD on LEs IF NECESSARY.) Be careful, as too much interstage loss will mess up the noise figure of the amp. We were hitting the amps with 9 db and the LEs with 12 db. I have some setup procedures for the AGC which I will email you soon, but for starters, start in Manual mode, crank it to full gain, and then depending on the ambient temperature, lower it a few db. (Go by the chart in the manual.) Once that's set up, you adjust your input EQ's and pads for proper output tilt and levels, and then goto AGC mode and use the AGC gain to match your settings in Manual. Don't touch the manual backoff pot after you've initially set it. This is the basis for your AGC's compensation. I'll get back to you with specifics/ corrections if there are any.
> >
> > BTW what system and where is this?
> >
> > Kevin(smokin)
> > > (confused)
> > >
> > > I am a new (sweep) qc tech. (4 yrs. as Maint. Tech so not a newbie) I have 2 questions, thanks for your help.
> > >
> > > Question: 1
> > >
> > > What is the correct switch setting (1 or 2 -no agc)and IS pad and eq for an LE designed as a "LEM" - undg.?
> > >
> > > Question: 2
> > >
> > > Where is my best resourse for "application notes" for additional simular questions concerning sweep procedures ?.
> > >
> > > I prefer online access, as I need to educate myself quickly.
> > >
> > >
> > > Thank you again for your help.
> > >
> > >
This is CABL.com posting #70797. Tiny Link: cabl.co/msz3
There are 0 replies to this message