Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: where do I learn to install cable modems?????

> I am wanting to learn how to install cable modems but can't seem to find anyone willing to teach or anyone willing to tell me where to get the info, so if you have any info on cable modem installs please e-mail me at (-REDACTED-)
> Let me tell you that installing cable modems can be about the easiest thing you can do, BUT it's all in the troubleshooting that makes you stand out.(tut) If you are in the field of cabling then you should be able to run an outlet to the computer, yes??? (cool) It really depends on the provider (cable) on how they want it to be installed. Honestly no matter what Cable Company it is you should run that outlet for the modem to either the first split in the house or preferably to the outside of the house @ the drop to the house(wink). THAT SHOULD BE A CABLE MODEM LAW(hammer)!!!!

As far as learning, it's the "TROUBLESHOOTING." What to do when the computer doesn't like that you put a NIC in it. Hmmm! Simply take it out,(confused) boot it back up (frown). If it starts back up you don't have to buy the sub a new computer(biggrin)! If it doesn't boot back (bigcry), then you can kiss your paycheck good-bye(cussing)!
This is CABL.com posting #70764. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mszw
Posted in reply to: where do I learn to install cable modems????? by linedogJJD13
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: where do I learn to install cable modems????? skibo2linux4me 5/5/2002 5:05:00 PM