Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: cableho - matthewj888 bonghits- You must be ha

Where did you people come up with dust cap? Can any of you tell me what they are really called?

> This picture was taken in an effort to train the newer techs in our company. Of course this is an in-house project, and i'm an in-house employee. Well, you're right about the tap plate being loose. I'd pulled it to put a short on that leg and wasn't finished with the run. As far as sweeping goes, I was doing that too, so the tap plate wasn't missed. Shrink, or bishop tape? That's no more than an insurance policy for incompentent splicers. If you have good water tight connectors and apply a little grease on them, you don't need the shrink. It's just a waste of time and money.
> I must be 1 in 10 splicers, because you'll never find anything loose on anything i've spliced, and I got into all of those dust caps to put it together, didn't I?
> The amp is still open because there's no module in it. I still had a short on the trunk out leg so i could identify cables at the next ped.
> All in all, I would have questioned the same things you did if someone else had done it. But i appreciate the constructive criticism. Thanks
>
> > well john, not sure but the tap looks like its loose, one screw anyway. suckout on the sweep waiting to be found. id say the sweeper should see that when he gets there but 6 in 10 sweepers actually knows what that thingy with the 4 barrels is called so lol...
> > shrink and bishop tape of course. kinda scarrrrrrrrrrry seeing the 90s and 180s being as in my exp. 1 in 10 splicers actually gets them tight. can you get into all the dustcaps?
> > is that the S.A. amps that only need a few housing bolts tight lol? ok so now are you gonna hate me and call me names too hehe. yo man an eagle never flies so high that his balls never hits the ground. be cool and good day(peace)
> > > hey dude, does this look ok?(clap)
> > >
> > > > ok so ive never been called a hack before. im a sweep tech.
> > > > i dont hack. however i could prob find more if i was there lets see.
> > > > 1 what is that 4 ft between straps?
> > > > 2 wouldnt you say your bends are a little close to the pole.
> > > > 3 shouldnt you shrink over the ext. to the amp. shrink looks sloppy and short to me.
> > > > 4 just cuz you didnt hang it dont mean ya can let it get destroyed by the old brackets dude.
> > > > 5 maybe they dont require bishop tape.
> > > > hey maybe your specs are loose. personally id have posted a better location.
> > > > lets just say id have done it a little different. i can say ive seen allot worse.
> > > > hey man if you post it you must be asking for opinions.
> > > > im not perfect and would not post a message with a pic of a location acting like i am. again nothing personal bro. good day
> > > >
> > > > > Sorry but I'm a splicer not fiber construction
This is CABL.com posting #70630. Tiny Link: cabl.co/msxm
Posted in reply to: Re: cableho - matthewj888 bonghits- You must be ha by John Malone
There are 2 replies to this message