Create your free account now! Sign up

Sounds like tough times, sorry to hear that

Unfortunatley with CATV contracting this can be an all too familar circumstance. I have read other responses to likewise situations involving agitated individuals trying to get their money. I have been in this business for quite a few years and having been an employee and sub contractor I have come to realize and prepare myself for the "worst case" scenario. It is not an easy road to endure when someone interrupts your cash flow. Things can seem like you're on top of the world when checks involving several thousands of dollars are involved, it is when you begin to "bank" on these types of checks and then they stop can create a very high tension level.Too many times have I seen this tension cause people to lose control and let something happen with worsening consequences. I only respond here to perhaps offer some sort of consulation that perhaps may turn into foresight for a better way of planning. I am in no way trying to cause you to take offense and bash you, rather help out with sometype of feedback from someone who has been in your situation before. I try to live by the motto; "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." All in all it comes down to figuring that it is only "you" that can best take care of "you" I can relate to both sides of the fence, being an employee and being owed, and being owed for invoices subbing, it sucks no doubt about it! Now as I go about my normal analisyis of each job determining beforehand that maps are in, parts are in, etc. etc. I always ask myself bottom line, can I afford to do this job. Its very similar to the way a long lasting and respected prime survives, having the proper financial backing. I know this is the real world and its easier said than done, but it's not easy. If it were easy than we would all be millionaires, right. Good luck with your situation. Just for reference, I used to be a very agressive natured individual, ie. fuk with me and pay for it type. Now, it's not worth it, it only comes back to kick you in the ass. This is true to those that do unto you, sometime it comes back, they will get theirs if they don't have a tight ship.ALWAYS get chit in writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!Peace and good luck!
(pimp)

> (dizzy)THE WHOLE UNTOLD STORY MAY COME OUT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> THIS IS A GAME PLAYED BY MEN. MEN WITH FAMILIES.IF YOU UPSET MY FAMILY,I'M GONNA UPSET YOUR WORLD! PLEASE I'M BEGGING, DON'T MAKE YOU MY MISSION IN LIFE.(nono)
This is CABL.com posting #69739. Tiny Link: cabl.co/msiZ
Posted in reply to: THE WHOLE TRUTH MAY BE TODAY ON MIAMI MDU by PENNYLESSINFL
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Sounds like tough times, sorry to hear that exsplicer 4/26/2002 1:27:00 PM