Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: JG Cable Communications

I really do feel sorry for you Jack. Quite a few good people got the royal screwing from Mike Keyser and Protel Industries. When Mastec bought them out, they really went to hell. Hope things work out for you. Joe

> I would like to take this time to accept the fact that my company has let down some very good contractors and companies that worked for me in Dayton Ohio. I made a bad decision to stay in Ohio and do work for Protel Industries/Mastec and lost my Company and all the respect of those that worked for me. I believed it each time new management came in and promised me that it was going to get better and that if I stayed and kept my crews up there I would be taken care of. I started the contract in July of last year with two guys and grew to 30 in Nov at the request of the project manager at that time. i was told the hotel rooms would be taken care of because of the need for the crews and the fact that that the prime was in deep sh** if they didnt have the crews to to the work. When it came time for payment of the hotel bills for two weeks I recieved payment for two rooms for two weeks a far cry short of what was promised. I still believed it when I was told that we would get the majority of the work because of our quality only to be told that no work would be given out untill Jan 4 and to have all my guys back then. I did that and guess what no work. My main guys and I hade a talk with the project mamager and he was informed to be honest with us and we would do what ever it took to get Protel in good standings. We did anything and everything they asked only to be given a price cut and the work no one else wanted just because all of my guys wanted to work. I paid hotel bills for every crew up there since Nov to March. I hired a great office manager who had to show Protel's people how to do their job correctly. By this time I was taking out personal loans to keep things going in the hopes that all of our hard work would pay off only to have the prime pull out of the contract with no notice. However Before they did that they hired my office manager her husband who had a good job and promised them a secure job with them at another project only to find out they were both without jobs the next week. Needless to say we were all suprised. Now here I am I owe out $50,000.00 in payroll for work that was done. I had to wait for the release of that Money, because Protel wouldnt allow me to work in Ohio for 90 days even though they broke their contract not me. In the mean time all assets of my company have be secured by companies who extended me credit. I had checks Bounce and warants issued for my arrest because of those checks. But I have not forgotten those I owe $ I am trying to work as hard as possibe to pay those people the money they are owed.
This is CABL.com posting #69421. Tiny Link: cabl.co/msdR
Posted in reply to: JG Cable Communications by JG COMMUNICATIONS
There are 0 replies to this message