Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Revised Bible VS Translated Bible.....

Now I am not going to say I am an expert on the bible and i definitley could read it more often. What I am wondering is what makes your annoited men different from all other annoited men? (and faith is an acceptable but incomplete answer because you have to take everything about any religion on faith) Revised or translated, it is still an interpretation of what the original text means. Words change over the years (like the thou shall not suffer a witch to live....some take the literal 20th century definition of a witch (practicioner of witchcraft) while others believe that the word may have been prositute-these being learned men considered experts and annoited in their religion.
The best anyone can do is to hope that the learned men have not skewed the message to much. And despite anything that is said by anyone it is a matter of faith as to whom you believe.
-Albert G Roark

> In my investigation and reading of the Bible. It is a scriptual fact that the 66 books where written by 40 "Anointed" Men that their hands & minds were guided by Holy Spirit to write the 66 books.
> It is also a scriptual fact that ANY "revised" edition of the scriptures is infected by "imperfect humans.
> But there is at least ONE "Directly Translated" Bible that Todays "Anointed Ones" Translated that would be accurate.
> If you need factual documentation please feel free to contact me.
>
> Mark A. Pickrell
>
> >
> >
> > yes the bible may have been sent to the writers by the Divine One, but remember they wrote it originally in the language of the day which I think was hebrew. As everyone knows a lot is lost in translation and as such the opinions of man have infected the Holy script the basics are still there, but they have been analyzed by us faulty creatures. And as we know man can twist any word around to mean whatever he wants it too at anytime. (angel)
This is CABL.com posting #67997. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mrQT
Posted in reply to: Re: Revised Bible VS Translated Bible..... by 1 CATV Black Sheep
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Revised Bible VS Translated Bible..... 1 CATV Black Sheep 4/9/2002 8:22:00 PM