Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: MASTEC - , YOU DONT KNOW JACK SQUAT...........

I am, by no means, an insider but I have provided service to MasTec on several projects in the past. In my opinion, they are one of the better companies I have worked with in my 28 years in this industry. Their upper management (Patak, Gaffney, Kelly, et.al.) is top notch. With few exceptions I found their operations people accommodating, cooperative, conscientious and eager to provide assistance and guidance. Corporate accounting was patient, respectful, and never once arbitrarily changed my invoice without contacting me for clarification or with an explaination. They paid me as promised and on time.....an increasingly rare phenomenon in this business. All in all, a very professional organization.

To the best of my knowledge, MasTec has not "lost" any contracts. The MSO suits have "discovered" the window of opportunity that is the sorry state of our industry these days and have capitalized on the situation by pulling previously perceived "done deals" and putting them up for renegotiation and/or rebid. It's not just MasTec being affected.....and it's not just one MSO doing it. The boom of the past few years has come full circle and will probably get worse before it gets better. MasTec in the hopper? I don't think so. This will sort itself out....eventually....and MasTec will have it's share of the spoils because they are professionals.....and the MSOs know it.

This is CABL.com posting #67171. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mrDz
Posted in reply to: Re: MASTEC - , YOU DONT KNOW JACK SQUAT........... by Nortex Datacomm
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: MASTEC - , YOU DONT KNOW JACK SQUAT........... ejlfisherman 4/5/2002 9:18:00 PM