Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: direct tv & echostar (dish network) merger,sen

jvc i don't know where u r located but if you can do sat work i cover ny oh wv and pa i pay 65.00 for singles 90.00 for duals anything else (extras) are yours to keep feel free to call me 814-337-8788 ps watches rings -eyeglasses ANY metal or aluminum will affewct inlinometer or compass ----will gladly share correct info at any time

> You need to read the rulings a little more carefully. The ruling u are referring to addresses the issue that if the DBS is going to carry locals, they must carry all locals..etc,etc.
>
> Due to this ruling, it has set back the addition of other local markets that were scheduled, such as my area, now we are pushed back to june.
>
> Insofar as the inclinometer, that was a joke and u r right, anybody who knows anything about a compass knows to stay away from metal!!!
>
> I agree with your assessment of the cable industry, there r alot of primes screwing the subs unfortunately. There is still good money in sat installs, especially in extras!!! Now that most companies want tech's to be certified, there will be a few less people out there that do sh**ty work. I have seen quite a few "prof jobs" that looked like the homeowners did it. DTV is now starting to do Chargebacks on installs that r not installed properly and a customer has complained about. And there r always companies out there trying to bring the cost down, had one company offer me $30 for an install with me suppling materials. I had to call them and verify that they posted the correct price. Needless to say, u know what I told them they could do with those prices.
>
> Have a good one
>
>
> > for the locals ruling fromm the FCC that makes me full of s23t got www.sbca.com ? any moron knows to stay away from metal, alum. etc when reading an inclinometer (it is magnetic based....?)even in cable you should share correct info for the betterment of us all. running cable and splicing was nice and after 3 years i would not have left the easy money to drive all day to make a little but at least there is still some integrity here in the dbs world whch is a heck of a lot more than i can say for cable -------please don't think i am cable bashing i still like the cable field but not much good to say about prime's and contractors aand subing from subs etc (bigsmile)
This is CABL.com posting #67158. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mrDm
There is 1 reply to this message