Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Here's a poll for mappers, designers, etc. Th

Hey Schlepprock, I'm with you. Satellite is the future....unlimited.For those putting it down, they just dont get it and never will. You get the people who want to point the dish into the trees and get a crappy signal, then bash it cause it wouldnt work for them. If DBS has no future, then why is charter cable trying to get into it??????? I have installed some 'charter anywhere' systems. They are using old primestar tech. Not much competition against DTV or Dish, but if they get themselves some newer generation Eq, then they will have a chance.

How many times have you installed a DBS at a home because the sub couldnt get cable digital in all the rooms?? with DBS, a signal is guaranteed in any room of a home that the sub wants. with cable , they cant always get enough juice out of their system.

I made a comparison the other day:  Cable vs. DBS is like comparing a VHS tape to a DVD. They both work, but DVD blows away a VHS tape.

As far as the locals issue, LOCALS ARE FREE!!! just hook up an antenna, it is just a minor inconvienence until locals are available.

Hope you dont mind me ridin your shirt tail there schlepprock, but it irks the HE77 out of me when DBS is bashed by ignorants. I dont go around bashing cable, only the prices they charge..

This is CABL.com posting #67068. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mrBU
There are 0 replies to this message