Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Here's a poll for mappers, designers, etc. The future of the business

Work will not rebound from where it was for at least 5 years. You have to look at what the reason was for all of the work. You had a lot of new companies coming into the Telecommunication Industry with a lot of big plans. Where are they all now? They are either bankrupt or on there way there. Everything works with supply and demand. The companies that will survive have a lot of debt to pay down before they are going to have access to the capital markets. The AT&T's, AOL's, Charters, Ect. have alot of debt and alot of these companies are close to finishing there upgrades. I talked to aperson from Charter last week and he told me that they were 95% done with there plant upgrades. Prices were high because there was no one to do all of the work and there was a lot of work. There is work out there now, but what everyone has a tough time doing is adjusting to the different price structure. Instead of working a half a day and making good money now people have to work a full day to make the same and they are having a hard time with that concept. There is still a lot of work for good contractors out there. Since March of 2001 I have not had any slow down in the amount of work my company does, in fact we have added 5 major customers on top of the people we have always worked for. So if your firm has a good work history, I see no reason why you should not be able to continue sub- contracting. Good luck to you.

Jamie Goff
ComTek Engineering Inc.

> Hi everyone,
> I would like to take a serious poll from others in the cable business. I am asking the following questions as a way to aid in making choices about the future of the business. Thank you all for your time and comments. Here they are:
> 1) DO YOU THINK THE INDUSTRY WILL REBOUND TO WHERE WORK IS ABUDANT AGAIN?
> 2) IF YES, THEN, WILL THE MONEY BE WHERE IT WAS A COUPLE YEARS AGO?
> 3) IS IT TIME FOR A MOM&POP SUBCONTRACTING FIRM TO CLOSE DOORS OR GO IN HOUSE?
This is CABL.com posting #66696. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mrvU
There are 0 replies to this message