Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: you should just post your thoughts on the dish bar

Those of you who experience rain fade with DSS and use it as an excuse why it is inferior to cable - I have cable and DSS and I constantly experience pixelation on rainy and clear days on digitally compressed cox cable not to mention reciever is very slow in changing the channels. If rainfade(with DSS) is a major problem in your area simply get a larger dish. there are several different sizes ranging up to a 1.8 meter dish with A DTV LNB you experience virtually no rainfade at all not even in a downpour. With a non penetrating roof mount you don't even have to make holes in your house. Everyone owes their liveley hood to cable but the industry is a changin.' There has been a lot of money in DSS since 94' hurry hurry before it is too late. For apartments you need one dish, a headend, and a nice distribution. Apartment managers are renting recievers to guests or including them as part of special move in packages similar to free cable. Also DTV is broadcasting locals now in most markets so you don't need antenna or cable to get them.

However I have heard of cable companys installing satellites for rural customers. Trying to get some of that market share??
This is CABL.com posting #66583. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mrt5
Posted in reply to: Re: you should just post your thoughts on the dish bar by schlepprock
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: you should just post your thoughts on the dish bar schlepprock 3/28/2002 11:03:00 PM