Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Lamb

WELL SAID!!!! (clap)

> Wow, never thought I'd find this topic on this forum.
>
> But I can't resist.
>
> First the federalist Papers were written by Hamilton, Madison, Jay, under the pen name "Publius"
>
> There were 85 of them, and they spoke of the options of the various forms of govt's, the pro's and con's of each, as they saw it. They are brilliant.
>
> Seems to me they spent little time in discussing a theocracy, as there was little need of such a discussion. The times were such that most who were to read there letters had or were children of those that had fled that, or something akin to that absurd form of govt.
>
> Now having said that, there is little doubt of the conviction each had in a creator, and the value of living one's life in such a way as to avoid making that creator regret having created you, (Pickerell).
>
> There is no where in the Federalist Papers, that I'm aware of, of any language that can provide for the inference that these men wanted a godless society. What they desired was for good men, of God, to govern fairly, in the best light, to compliment God. In a nation of Laws, NOT of MEN. The Laws were the mechanism that would define the nation. Not the Church, not the President. But the People through their chosen representatives. God fearing (humble), men of faith.
> And on the whole they and their peers did a fine job of it.
>
> Of course we have had all along the growing band of idiots that believe they are privy to the infinite, and can and do say with absolute certainty, "there is no God," blah blah blah. And they've given us such communal Utopias as Mao's China where all it took was killing 50 million nay sayers to really get the utopian ball rolling. We saw that same approach in the Soviet Union where they were able to get it done with only 20 or so million dead nonconformist. Polpot never quite got his utopia up running but he died tryin' with the anti utopian body count at roughly 12 million.
>
> Know why did I go off on that tangent? Well It's the God thing. Ya see, none of those guys liked to mix religion with their state either. God tends to require people to place him above the state and the utopian builders don't seem to like that one bit. As it happens, not only do they not like God in govt, they don't like him at the church either, nor at the house. Just knowing God will get ya killed around those guys.
>
> So when we start revising history on what the founders said, if you aren't sure and we all can't be all the time, use this rule of thumb, "The founders believed deeply in God, and wanted in the worst way to serve him well." Luckily for us, they were bright enough to know they weren't God.
>
> For those that want to lay the wars of man on God, I hate to
> break it to ya, but God doesn't need a war. As I understand it, God's infinite. SO if he wanted to smite your ass, you'd be smited. Wars are fought for one reason and one reason only. Someone somewhere wants something someone somewhere else doesnt want to give. Now they may claim its God, and there may be millions of idiots that jump on board. But those wars are fought for the sake of man. In Gods name.
>
> Man is a free agent, that's the deal. Live it, learn it, love it.
> > if you look at most wars in the past they are almost always over religion.And they all want your hard earned money.
> >
> > > People can you imagine if the church ever took over the government. It would be the end of everything we know because they would get rid of everything we hold dear. Like our freedoms and our rights to chose what the hell we want. So church and state should never come together at all if you don't believe this look at the middle-ages in Europe.(usa)(moon)
This is CABL.com posting #66526. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mrta
Posted in reply to: Re: The Lamb by Sweep Daddy
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: The Lamb...YOUR CHILDREN!!! Petergunn 3/28/2002 3:37:00 PM