Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Lamb

>>What the Buckster is tryig to say is he is one of the aforementioned Utopian anti god guys, and desperately needs to revise history to avoid any admission that God was an essential part of the foundation of the US.<<

Nope, I'm not a "utopian anti god guy".  I just agree that religion and government should not be mixed.  And I don't need to revise history at all.  I gave direct quotes in complete sentences, with references to where they're from.  Now, if you can read them and still say that the founders I quoted are the deeply religious men of God that you and the religious right inferred they are, then you are obviously devoid of critical thinking and are instead led by the nose by the religious right.  Sorry about your luck.

>>Due to the hour, I cannot adequately respond, however I will ask; what is it about using historical "notable quotables" out of context, that you believe advances your cause?<<

They're not at all "out of context" (a favorite religious right saying when caught with the truth).  Anyone can look up the documents and read them in their entirety.  Do you think that the rest of the document explains away the thoughts quoted?  No, they don't.  They fully support the quotes with even more text actually written by the founders. 

And my cause is simply to let the truth be known, rather than let the religious right's bullsh**, made-up U.S. history stand unchallenged, and listen to their whining that if we let them mix their religion with our politics it will lead to some "Utopian United States."

Your claim that the founders were deeply religious men who wanted to serve God is easily shown to be inaccurate by the founders' own words in that regard.  That's why I quoted them - I thought they should speak for themselves on the issue, rather than allow you and the religious right to speak for them.

I've nothing against your religion or your God (whichever of the 1100 sects of Christianity that can't agree with each other that you come from).  I just don't want them to be part of my government, that's all.  Just as you probably don't want someone else's religion to be part of your government. 

It's a petty simple concept really.  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  If you don't want Hindus or Budhists or Muslims or Rastafarians or Wiccans or Krishnas to guide the U.S. congress' policy making decisions and our laws, then don't try to push your religion in there either, that's all.

The founders knew that was the only way to ensure that ALL THE PEOPLE could be fairly and EQUALLY represented.  It's a GOVERNMENT system that works, and there's no reason to replace it with RELIGION.

This is CABL.com posting #66473. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mrsj
Posted in reply to: Re: The Lamb by Sweep Daddy
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: The Lamb 1FARMER 3/28/2002 12:37:00 PM
Re: The Lamb Clean Splice 3/28/2002 9:35:00 AM