Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Lineman

Though this message is more than a month overdue, either Russel or Harry Jett could benefit from a course in English 101 and Sociology 101.  First, a person is either "paid every week", or, "pay is every week."  [not paid day every week]  Also, fly-by-night is a hyphenated word. [more than one word grouped together to form one word or phrase]  Further, I have been in this business since 1975 (U.A.Columbia) and have found that about 70% of  the personnel working in this field are ex-felons (one way or another).  Due to the usually stringent requirements of parole, ex-felons are very good workers.  [they don't want to be violated and they are just happy to have another chance at an honest life]  Yes, you would be correct in presuming I am an ex-felon.  And do have excellent personal and professional references.  Lastly, most persons in this business have to travel to stay in work; therefore, they need a place to live.  Per-diem is almost unheard of anymore so the working man seeks the most inexpensive lodging they can get (limited lease, low rent).  And trailers are usually the most economical in this arena.  Trailers and Texas seem to go together (my belief is TX has more trailer parks per capita than anyplace).  Again, my belief is based on experience.  Though I had "Traditional Housing", as Russel or Harry would term it, when I worked in TX [Beaumont, Bridge City, Galveston, Houston and surrounding regions] it seems there was at least one trailer park every other block.  For Russel or Harry (whomever wrote the main ad) to put in a phrase like "no felons or trailer park trash" leads me to wonder if they don't discriminate in other aspects of hiring, i.e. no blacks, jews, American Indians, people with parking tickets, people who practice judaism, etc.  Maybe the labor board needs to investigate jettco?

Hopefully, a company like "jettco" will not remain in this business for long.  We do not need "dogs" like them associated, or associating, with the decent people (felons, blacks, protestants, etc) that have built the cable industry into what it is today, a multi-billion dollar industry where everyone not afraid of honest, hard work can make a good living.

Thanks,

rdrner

This is CABL.com posting #66230. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mroo
Posted in reply to: Re: Lineman by truthteller
There are 0 replies to this message