Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Getting Old---Do You Remember-----

Trikedad, I started in '69 workin' underground for an outfit from Calif. called United Communications, the work was in Fla. Had to get away from that, didn't like diggin'. Went to work later for Harrison-Wright outta N.C. Stayed 'till they lost the Master contract for So. Fla. Went to work for Church & Tower Corp. (now known as Mastec) in '71. Damn, if I don't end up workin' for the same out fit in Missouri some 30 years later!! I knew the CEO's (Mastec) Father! Found out while sittin' in on one of those pep talks about E-Business that Mastec was promoting at the time. Kicked my butt. Still hate diggin', but I can climb, and do on occasion now. Hang in there!!

> Lash...started hookin for Cal Tel in '68...boomed until '84, then went inhouse with Group W. Still contracting...on the engineering side of the biz...
>
> > Yep, but the horse was white, Zorro's horse was black.
> > Sounds like you have a few years on you too.
> >
> > >
> > > I rememeber him...didn't he dress all in black and have a black snake whip and black horse? I think it was an East Coast thing. Don't remember him after moving to California.
> > >
> > > > Anybody remember a Cowboy named Lash La Rue?? I remember 1st run movies at the local theater. You feel old-- I was borne before the Korean War, Guess by your standards I should be a fossil by now. Well this old fossil can get up and down his share of poles in a day, and pull the lasher every other span. I do however end up a little grumpy by the end of the day!! (thumbup)(snipper)
This is CABL.com posting #65651. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mre3
Posted in reply to: Re: Getting Old---Do You Remember----- by trikedad
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Getting Old---Do You Remember----- trikedad 3/22/2002 12:54:00 PM