Create your free account now! Sign up

C-Band Interferrence...It's time the FCC does something about this!!!!

Attention ALL Cable operators! In support of all the comments made about the C-Band interferrence problems I am asking any and all cable operators ,(plant managers, GM's etc.) to PLEASE help me take a stand with the FCC. They have made a visit to my systems and really won't do much unless area and regional operators unite. I am asking that ANYONE....ANYWHERE PLEASE send me an email with your system name, areas served and describe the problem. This problem in the C-Band has gone on long enough!!! Yea, Yea, Yea you can buy C-Band filters but in my case with many headends some as small as 45 subs. this can get into a lot of money. WE....YES WE were here first. I feel it is up to the FCC to resolve this issue and not to force operators to just go out and buy "band-aids" to correct the problem.....bottom line is somethings out there and we as operators have a right to at least know something. As for September 11th we were seeing this exact problem LONG BEFORE the attacks. This crap has existed for nearly 2 years and we are yet to get an answer from the feds. NO! Many of my systems are far, far away from airports and other radar devices. We would like to know what and where this is coming from. I have requested the help of the American Cable Assoc. and the SCTE to help sponser this cause on behalf of small to midsize cable operators.
This is CABL.com posting #64204. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mqRI
There are 0 replies to this message