Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: C-Band Satellite interferrence

it most definate that it is radar from awacs since 911! the intermittant tiling on digital in the past is also a problem.I recorded this on my HP with trace hold function. You will see spikes at 950 mg. and up in the 15 to 1600mg. with harmonics thoughout. I contacted GE americon and found that you will need a notch filter for each LNB that is giving you problems. typical on C3,G1,G5,G7,C4,in Kansas anyway. I bought 16 filters and this cured my problems completely! Paid $500. each but I know they are selling for half that now

> I maintain 13 headends in 4 states in the midwest. I have seen and been called from all systems regarding "blips". I was told " it is radar from a ""spy plane(s)"" that is flying over the US since the sept. 11th attack. It (they) is supposedly using a high power downward facing radar. Since it is inconsistent in time and strenght maybe this is true??. Here it appears to affect g-5's weakest transponders. one of these days i may point my TI receive dish up and record traces.
>
> > has anyone been having problems with C-Band satellite reception? A blip that occurs every 10 seconds on certain transponders. Or, a digital channel that tiles every 10 seconds or so. If you have seen this problem on your system, please respond with the system location and which satellite channels have been affected. Thanks, Mike
This is CABL.com posting #63998. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mqOo
Posted in reply to: Re: C-Band Satellite interferrence by rfnut
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: C-Band Satellite interferrence 42db 3/10/2002 8:24:00 AM