Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear a good attitude coming from some folks. I regularly have people emailing me and whining about the prices and if you ask them to have "basic hand tools" they seem to think they should be paid as subs at a much higher rate. Back then if all you could do is put two pieces of cable together that didn't make you a "splicer" if you could do underground and not aerial you were considered useless. Furthermore my first job putting two pieces of cable together (Tapping)I went in and told the supervisors where I was at and was straight up honest with them. I didn't go in and talk the talk and not walk the walk. I can't tell you how grateful I was and still am to have been trained to splice the old fashioned way (with no paid training, I built equipment and rode with a splicer for two months for nothing) but it all paid off when on my second day "splicing for real" I made $300.00. As a former Airframe and Powerplant in the Airline Industry if you were to apply for a job and not have YOUR OWN set of tools and mode of transportation (its nothing to have 10 grand in your box) they would laugh you off of the job WITHOUT EVEN CONSIDERING your application (auto mechanics and diesel mechanics are the same way). I spliced node after node of equipment for $5.00 Tap &.05 a foot and to be honest I did pretty well.. Back in the day. Its not my will to screw anyone but you can only cut a nickel so many ways. Well that's about all the preaching I can do for one day(my fingers are smoking). Thanks for letting me vent my 2 cents worth.

Respectfully,
EJ Lear
LCI

> its amazing what we do to feed the family
> >
> > HOW BOUT IN THE 80S FOR 3CENTS A FT. AND 3.00 A TAP?
> >
> > > you should do it for 11 cents cold and if your lucky get 14 cents for hot. Plus putting in all verticals and swaps.
> > >
> > > > geez man, i don't think those are bad prices for in-house, especially if your sittin at home and not working..not awhole lot of .30ft cold splicing going around anymore..if a guy can make 1000 a week is that so bad?
> > > >
> > > > > cold splicing is 16 cents hot is 19 cents these prices are for the birds.payday is every 2 week on friday after 5:00 pm
> > > > >
> > > > >
This is CABL.com posting #63569. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mqHt
Posted in reply to: Re: beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by tvrockdog
There are 0 replies to this message