Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: does anyone want out?

I have found truth in each and every post  concerning the 'State of the Industry' , yet, I for one, only remember one time in my 20+ years in this business that i echoed sentiments reflecting the attitudes here today.  That one time was after a very, very troublesome year in the 'life & times' of Petergunn.  I hope your words will be like mine and this will only be a time of stuggle, a valley between the peaks...I truly hope things get better for all of you no matter what your decisions for the future may be.  I would also like to add with no disrespect intended toward any of your difficult situations that I  believe...IT'S  ALLLL GOOOOD, BROTHERS.  I am certain no one has been through any worse than I, nor, has anyone been through any better.  I just decided to stop blaming the industry.  There is none like it, and may never, ever be any like it again!  This business has made more futures, more millionares, more successful men that any. Second to none, BAR NONE!!!  Now that I've said that let me elaborate slightly further into what I meant by success... in my case it was more than the money, although I completely believed that is the reason for my staying in at one time.  Now I know there was no other option in my life that could have afforded me the independence that I was in need of.  No other job could have given the satisfaction I yearned fo having come fom a farm life in Iowa to the oil patch of the late seventies til the first year in cable, about 1980.  I have been given a reason to be proud of my work, that in turn caused me to be a little more attractive to other people and women in my life.  I would bet that this industry and the way cantractors were handed the opportunity to make or break an your own efforts and finished accomplishments.  If I needed to make more money i had the chance to work more, (i cantrol that aspect of this job) or learn something the guy coming behind me knew because starting out on the ground it appeared that everyone coming behind me was making a little more each time.  I am proud of the work I do today, it hasn't been easy getting here and by the way I am definitely involved with the worst year of my life at this moment, but I also know it will pass.  and tomorrow I will be slamming big bucks at the bank again.  By the time I figured out there is definitely more to this job and what it has done for me as an individual THAN the MONEY, I was making over 120,000.00 per  year.  It definitely took each and every day that was a struggle to groom me for the challenge ahead.  Today, I am fit. I am something like a member of an ancient Warrior's Society and am eager to fight the next obstacle before me and it never would have been possible had I ever blamed anything else except my own poor judgement and bad decisions.  If i am going to be responsible for where I end up...I also have to accept the responsibility for where I am.  Hang in the,  you are in a position that may take you further than you ever thought was within your reach.  At least wait until your in the middle of a peak, a high point in your life to make this type of descision. At least from there your vision is better.  Never ever quit anything from the valley, You just don't know what is over the hill.  May good health be yours and to your families much love.    Petergunn Lookstwice.

Where there are no alternatives, there is no problem...Petergunn Lookstwice-2001.
This is CABL.com posting #63313. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mqDl
Posted in reply to: Re: does anyone want out? by 1 CATV Black Sheep
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: does anyone want out? TheBeast2 3/3/2002 10:47:00 PM