Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: C-Band Satellite interferrence

Many of our systems in the Mid-West had this problem..We noticed it before 9-11-01.. Tried many different thing to find it.. To make a long story short after many hours of T/S and many phone calls it appears to be RADAR..Rumor has is AWACS..We even contacted F.C.C. and they basically said it was something we need not be concerned with...Go figure...
There is a band pass filter you can install in between the LNB and the feedhorn that passes 850MHz to 1.6 GHz..The LNB receives at 3.4 GHz to 4.2 GHz and converts to 850 to 1.6 or so.. Some military RADAR is in the 3.4 to 4.2 range and the high power RADAR overdrives or clips the LNB causing the flash in analog or tiling in digital channels..The filters I mentioned cured 98% of our problem, however it will not stop any interference in the pass band(850 to 1.6).Which could be microwave, cell sites etc..This is a quick summary and I hope it is helpfull..
If needed I can get the part numbers and any info needed..
> has anyone been having problems with C-Band satellite reception? A blip that occurs every 10 seconds on certain transponders. Or, a digital channel that tiles every 10 seconds or so. If you have seen this problem on your system, please respond with the system location and which satellite channels have been affected. Thanks, Mike
This is CABL.com posting #63141. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mqAz
Posted in reply to: C-Band Satellite interferrence by 42db
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: C-Band Satellite interferrence 42db 3/1/2002 8:38:00 PM