Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Re:Need documentation on sweeping return without stuffing actives

Up to this point, Hardlinerope has offered the finest advice. If you are able to read the schematics, determine the path of the signal as it flows through your actives, you should be able to see where and when it could be jeopardized by unnecessary reflections. Not all pad sockets may need to be terminated. I think atleast one will, and it would be better to term. all than none. Hardlinerope brought forth another point worthy of consideration; What is this company expect, and why. Here is the REASON for Customer and Contractor to have predetermined ALL of this and HAVE both SIGNED an AGREEMENT titled "SWEEP PROCEDURES". Find a copy of this and read exactly how they prescribed this job to be started, throughout, and finished. This document will save your ass. Without it you might as well quit worrying so much because you are almost guaranteed to be back to each active many, many times anyhow. Live AND Learn. Good Luck. ESTABLISH SWEEP P{ROCEDURES that everyone is happy with. > in my opinion, if you are a sweep tech then you should know everything everybody has said and more id hope. go to s.a. and just ask them to give you some documentation on set up procedures for return path its been awhile but i believe it states that the reverse should be terminated. ive dealt with this issue allot, and swept several systems without stuffed return, myself id stuff it myself before sweeping it unstuffed. the level will change a db + -. but not every active must be stuffed, there are ways around it ya know.
> like carry a terminated can, housing to f connector on the input. if the power is correct that will save you a pole.
> if the power is not correct then you can solve that problem if you do a little thinking. now dont go tell the mso or anybody hey i have an idea cuz nobody will go for it, your causing an outage, just smile, say ill stuff it and go sweep the node. hell it isnt out any longer than it is when ya pull the forward eq out and have to dick with the pins or dig for 3 mins trying to find one that will go in hehe
> I am sure you all know this already but just thought id share a little since my sweeping ass is splicing gainmaker right now. and yes i am stuffing 75 pads, to bad im the only one.
> just imagine what kind of mess ya are gonna have when the spicers have no pads above 14. guess what ya get like 6 to 10s in the interstage. im prob the only one who leaves the interstage pad in the housing so that hopefully a more equipted sweep tech will pad it right. ok i could go on for hours good luck bro
>
> > I think you should look at some of the comments on the company Rives and Monterro that are in these archives. I do not think they are a quality company and probably didn't want you to stuff your actives because they didn't want to pay you for it, and or were not technical enough to convince the cable company that it needed to be done. I would like to clarify that (I do not recommend not stuffing the return). I think it is almost worth it to do for free for the end results that you attain with the return pre-stuffed. The current project I am on they tried to get the splicers to pre-stuff but they blew it off and now they get back charged because they did not do it. Anyway good luck.
Where there are no alternatives, there is no problem...Petergunn Lookstwice-2001.
This is CABL.com posting #62959. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mqxD
There are 0 replies to this message