Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:A pleasant turn of events

Mike,

It is fantastic to hear that things are finally going well for you in your life. Sounds like this woman has had an effect on your outlook on life. I always figured you would move to a little town that probably has a lot of mom and pop shops instead of the Walmarts of the world. I always envied you for that. What is the Soulard Aid and Pleasure club?? and what does Krewe stand for?? Sounds like some type of outreach. Have you changed hats and now are rooting for the Cardinals instead of the Cubbies? How about your monsters of the midway, until the playoffs of course!! Still have a truck or are you now riding a horse? I'm happy to hear from you once again, it's been a long time.
TK

>I ended up in a very cool neighborhood in St. Louis, Soulard, which is directly south of and almost walking distance to downtown. There are over 30 bars/restauarants within a roughly 5 x 9 block area, most of which offer musical entertainment (lots of blues but also a bit of just about everything) from five to seven nights a week. Everything else is a combination of residential and small shops and all of the buildings are brick (and I do mean ALL - like 99%) My contribution to these hard working musicians is to provide photographic services (I used to work as a pro before my cable days so I have gotten back to some roots), CD covers, promotional stuff or whatever they need. I offer all of this on a pro bono (free) basis because they all work so hard for so little. I've captured literally hundreds of these fine musicians on film and have given them at least some fleeting fame. They all tell me that when they make it big they will "take care of me" which is pretty darn nice. I'm just glad to help them and the music is top notch. For a living I sell commercial and residential real estate (in blue jeans and cowboy boots if you can believe that!), do a little venture capital investing and lending (mostly to housing rehab contractors), small business advising, and provide telecommunication consulting services to a few select clients. I'm not getting rich but I certainly am happy. And, on that subject, I am about as close to being married as I have ever been to a wonderful woman who I met right here. In fact, my desire to stay with her has put an end to my wandering days. We have almost finished converting a 140 + year old solid brick (three bricks thick at the base!) former four-family shotgun dwelling into a 3,600 square foot, five bedroom home for the family we plan to have together. I even have a special billiards room built into the plan and have located a beautiful eight footer. From our third story deck we have a view of the arch, which Sharon loves, the Illinois side of the river and a good portion of downtown. We can see the fireworks when a Cardinal hits a home run at Busch Stadium. Our projected move in date is sometime in April, just in time to get the garden and yard going. We are both very active in the community and have lots of friends right here on our little island (Soulard is squeezed in between Anheuser Busch, Ralston Purina, I-55, and an industrial area directly adjacent to the Mississippi River). Next week is Mardis Gras and over 100,000 people, on one day alone, come right into our neighborhood for the second (to New Orleans of course) largest celebration of Festival in the U.S. If you see it on TV watch for us marching in the parade (we belong to a krewe called The Soulard Social Aid and Pleasure Club). As to Chrisitie Lake, up in Michigan, one of our sisters bought the rest of us out awhile back, which is a good thing. Sometimes I do miss it, but what I really long for is my Chris Craft cabin cruiser which I left behind in Milwaukee (no decent place to put it here, believe it or not) so I'm saving my pennies with intentions of picking up a larger one. The plan is to berth it somewhere in Michigan and use it as our getaway cabin. With all of the marvels of cell phone technology and faxes I can keep right on working real estate deals even when I travel or vacation. Hope that all is well with you.
>
>>Actually I was wondering if your back home in Michigan now or are you still traveling the country causing trouble. Who are you working for now?? You must still be in this industry if your hanging around this website. Do you still part own that beautiful paradise in Michigan or did you finally by out the family.
>>
>>TK
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>Post your e-mail address and I will get in touch or contact one of the good folks whom we both know and they will pass on your number. I will try and help you if I can.
>>>
>>>>Mike where you at????????????
>>>>
>>>>
This is CABL.com posting #61042. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mp2I
Posted in reply to: Re:Where is billybadger (Mike from Michigan) by tkhunter
There is 1 reply to this message
Re:A pleasant turn of events sprdave 2/5/2002 10:38:00 PM