Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Are you the Prime or are you sub to the Primes

This idea of one sub running multipe subs seems smart in theory, but I beleive the integrity of the entire job will suffer. I,ve found myself wondering what happened to the prime having a close relationship with all their subs. I consider my group to be highly skilled. We have seen the problems associated with the sub over sub relationship. Lowered pay, communications lost, misunderstandings leading to mistrust and most of all no preceived long lasting relationship with the prime. My group leaves jobs with expectations of future work. I live in the state of Georgia and do not see my group working here for these exact reasons. Thank goodness this is not an industry-wide practice. So I take my references, ins, and leadership to the next job site where we can make reasonable pay and we can take pride in our work and we can forge a longlasting relationship with our next in a growing list of satisified primes.

>The biggest problem in Atlanta right now is that GDI and others that have a big contract in and around Atlanta are subcontracting the work out to everyone at a already low price. We don't want to fall into a hole were we are 3 or in some cases 4 down on the lost to be paid. Please understand or concerns with this area and I am guessing the pay is either $3.00 trench or bore. or $1.20 trench, $2.10 bore? If this is all incorrect I am sorry to waste your time in what i see is a great big problem down there in Georgia. Please let me know.
This is CABL.com posting #58367. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mplz
Posted in reply to: Are you the Prime or are you sub to the Primes by extrainfo
There is 1 reply to this message