Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:INFO for the Atlanta Underground Work. Cable brokers won't like this add!!!

I cannot speak to Atlanta, specifically, because I don't know anything about the job and I'll accept everything that you say as true. However, often the prime will ask a sub to bring in crews (subs, part II) because the prime does not want to hassel with additional billings, project supervisors, etc. The problem occurs when the first sub gets greedy and offers lousy splits. Hell, it's found money for the first sub any way so he might as well allow the second guy to make a living.

>Just some friendly advice to the cable community. The primes for these jobs are GDI and IFC. Any other posting for underground is sub to a sub(prime). In other words you are #3 on the food chain. Prices for this area is $2.00 trench and 4 something bore. Subs come on please don't take people for fools.... If you can't handle the job yourself let the prime know this so they can get others in there that can. Don't be the broker on an already shitty price job. The scope of work is as follows. Road and driveways will be set as bore price everything else is trench price NO exceptions to the rule. I am sorry if I busted some of you cable brokers bubble but quit undermining the industry. Be up front and honest with the primes you work for I.E I have 2 crews that can get X amount of feet per day. Don't go in there saying "um duh, we have errrrr 50 crews that can do this then run your ass off trying to find a sucker to come in under even lower prices". There are some auful good contractors out there that are sitting because these last couple of months have sucked. Now I can't make things change but I hope I have screwed any chances of you all getting anymore people to bite on the B.S you all are trying to sell in Atlanta for this great underground project. Contractors call these primes and get a contract yourself with them don't be a sub to a sub. I myself got tired of the posting and went to the prime we start this week. good luck to the rest of you. Also you won't see an add for help needed from us prices suck as it is .... :)
>Good luck you all! Oh Happy New Year.
>
This is CABL.com posting #57785. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mpcb
There are 0 replies to this message