Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Question for Chief Tech/Managers

I owned 4 small systems with 1100 subsI have have interconnected them with fiber and now only have 2 systems. One of my systems is a 21 amplifier cascade which the fiber is in the air but not spliced. Fiber is the key tosaving money on the operation of small systems. To answer your question, my operation has one tech,one installer, me the owner all drive bucket trucks. We do all our own under ground construction, splicing and fiber splicing. We sub out the pole line construction.Hope this helps you.Chuck
>
>
>> I have 5 small catv systems to operate,all 450mghz all Jerrold sj and sx equip.Four of these systems are within a 50 mile radious of the office and in good to fair condition,these are rural systems with fairly long trunk cascades,average cascade around 20-25.System 1 1200 subs,sys 2 500 sub, sys 3 150 subs,2 mdus 450 outlets,sys 4 150 subs. Now for the kicker, system 5 is 150 miles from the office with 650 subs a 36 amp cascade and is in deplorable shameful condition. My question is this,how many techs, installers should I have and how many bucket trucks? Also we do all maintenance,drop buries and small extensions.Thank you for your replies and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
>I RAN 7 SYSTEMS FROM THE LNA/LNB TO THE TRANSFORMER, ALL ABOUT THE SAME DISTANCE APART. THE 150 MILES FROM THE OFFICE IS A BIT FAR, BUT THAT DEPENDS ON THE RELATION TO THE OTHER SYSTEMS NOT THE OFFICE, AT LEAST ID THINK. IF YOUR OTHER SYSTEMS ARE AS SMALL AND IN AS GOOD SHAPE AS YOU SAY THEN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO HANDLE THEM IN 2 DAYS A WEEK. THEN SPEND THE OTHER 3 DAYS IN YOUR POORLY MAINTAINED LARGER SYSTEM. THAT AMOUNT OF DISTANCE TO BE DRIVEN DAILY IS A LITTLE MUCH TO BUDGET IN A BUCKET TRUCK ON A DAILY BASIS. HOWEVER ONE SHOULD BE AVAILABLE. I RAN ALL SEVEN OF MINE OUT OF A NISSAN,LADDER RACK. DEPENDING ON IF YOUR THE TECH OR THE MANAGER, A TECH YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO MAKE THE BEST OF IT, IF YOUR A MANAGER ID SUGGEST HIRING A MAINTENANCE CONTRACTOR DO DO SOME WORK IN YOUR LARGER SYSTEM, POSSIBLY ALL OF YOUR SYSTEMS TO KEEP OVERTIME TO A MINNIMUM. I CANNOT PUSH THIS WORD ENOUGH. MAINTENANCE, MAINTENANCE. IS THE KEY TO SATISFIED CUSTOMERS, HAPPY EMPLOYEES. AS A TECH ITS HARD TO DO MAINTEANCE WHEN YOUR RUNNING CIRCLES DOING WORK ORDERS, TROUBLE CALLS, OUTAGES, IN SYSTEMS THAT ARE POORLY MAINTAINED. YES IT COSTS MONEY FOR A CONTRACTOR, BUT WHAT ARE THE ALTERNITIVES, HIGH TECH TURNOVER, HIGH TROUBLE CALLS, LOSS OF CUSTOMERS. COME OFF A LITTLE BUDGET FOR EITHER 2 TECHS, OR HIRE A QUALITY MAINTENANCE CONTRACTOR AND REPAIR THOSE SYSTEMS TO OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE SO THAT ONE TOP QUALITY HIGHLY PAID TECH CAN GLADLY HANDLE THE LOAD DUE TO MOTIVATION FROM PAY INCREASE. $10.00 PER HOUR ISNT GOING TO MOTIVATE ANYBODY ENOUGH TO CARE ABOUT BROKEN LASHINGWIRE ON A REAR EASMENT POLE IN ONE TOWN WHEN HES GOT 2 INSTALLS AND THREE CHANGE OF SERVICE WHEN HES GOT OUT CALLS 50 MILES AWAY. ANYWAY JUST MY OPINION, LOL LONG AS IT IS, GOOD LUCK BRO
This is CABL.com posting #57457. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mo6T
There are 0 replies to this message