Create your free account now! Sign up

A Cable Christmas Carol

In advance of the dawg that lives to bitch about the context of the post..Shhhhhhhh, It's Christmas

A Cable Christmas Carol: Adapted from the works of Clement Moore who plagiarized it from Major Henry Livingston Jr.

‘Twas the job before Christmas and all thru’ the gig not a rumor was flying, not even a smidge. With all the nodes swept with their data prepared, in hopes that our checks would all soon be there. With ma’ back at home and my luck being crap, we had just settled in for a long gig, at last.

When out of the job there arose such a clatter, the first check was missing, was told, “It don’t matter”. Away to the mailbox ma’ tore in a flash, tearing open the letters searching for the lost cash.

Oh, the luster of brilliance in that snow job ya know…. “You’re checks are not missing, they’re just late, please don’t go”

He was a familiar old driver, so lively and slick. I knew in an instant I was about to be dicked. More rapid than eagles his hustles they came, he laughed and he shouted, I called them by name….

“There’s drivel and blather, and prattle and lame, there’s flim-flam and dodge, all lies just the same. He smiled larger smiles, obfuscation came strong, and the reasons were solid and increasingly long. “I never complain to the office, ya know, not even when they don’t pay… ESPECIALLY, so…”

I complained and I bitched, I asked in a snit… ”How could the price change?” I threw a small fit. Then slowly they came, as late as they be, the first one was even as priced as agreed. “See!” he said all greasy and sly… “I told you they pay, I just know not what time”.

He’s a really nice fellow; I said to myself, I just can’t quite get over the smell of this elf… Happy to be working, the gig was so smoothe…. “If I just keep on sweeping, the coin will come too”

Well you know the story, the checks looked so strange, some marked with “loan” and others had changed. The word was that ‘things would get better’ he ‘plied, we’d just have to work through what looked like hard times.

Then the trani it crackled and died in a flash…. The trani-guy said, “it’s broken, needs cash.” I twisted my hands and fumed ‘bout the issue. It seemed I might squirt and be in need of a tissue. Had the sleazy old elf just paid me on time, I could pay this guy off and be back on the line…

It seemed the old elf would try hard to make due, he loaned me a truck and his friend loaned some too. They said we’d settle up down the road, don’t ya know. There’s a lot of this work, we’ll take it out slow.

Well there’s more to this story than will fit in a poem, I write this all down in that you will all know him.

He’s reading this now, with his sphincter so tight…” If he names me I swear I will fight. I just might!”

Well do not worry you sleazy old elf, you fiscal old brute, yours will be coming in form of lawsuit….

So best wishes to all of you cabledawg pro’s, best wishes in hopes that’s better things go…

Michael O’Conner

This is CABL.com posting #57121. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mo1t
There are 2 replies to this message
Re:A Cable Christmas Carol switchman 12/26/2001 10:28:00 AM