Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:sweep tech looking

The ability to hold a stealth is now the minimum qualification for a sweep tech. Two years ago it was pushing buttons.

I don't even want to start listing the problems in this industry. I was recently on a gig where I was given a copy of the current sweep crews "books" as an example of what was being accepted. I found an 860mhz plant where 75% of the bandwidth was not being provided sweep pts. I provided a full bandwidth sweep and found myself to be the one that got the ax when construction slowed. In another, I found the sweep project, which had been in progress for months, had no specs for even minimal input values, interstage set up or much else. I had fairly solid proof that the books were being cooked and was summarily "let go".

It's perfecty clear that in this biz providing a quality product is not a priority. But then what would one expect when the construction prime does his own sweep? I have always thought that an irrefutable conflict.

Frankly I'm about sick of it. In my own perfect world, the most recent trend is significantly late checks... and being declared a traitor for calling the prime to find out where the open is. Yet another solid reference shot to hell...

The fun, it just never stops..

Best of luck,
Michael O'Conner

>sweep tech looking for a real in-house position with a real prime. im not a picture taker, i can fix it rather than cover it up. where have all the good primes gone? used to be only the most qualified, most exp techs were sweep techs, now every splicer is sweeping his own nodes. doesnt that kind of eliminate part of the sweeping concept? no puns intended, splicing is an art and much respect to all the real splicers out there. please dont respond if your a fly bye night low paying sub,sub contractor. if you have to pay me grunt wages to sweep, then that means your paying grunt wages to splicers,
>and we all know what sweeping behind hackers is like.
>i dont do hourly, if $1000 a week to miss watching my son grow up was acceptable, id drive a truck. please with any response, include some of your companys info. time in the business, amount of techs, possibly an email of one or more of your techs as a reference. i have many references.
>

This is CABL.com posting #56223. Tiny Link: cabl.co/moMZ
There is 1 reply to this message
Re:sweep tech looking snowman 12/12/2001 9:17:00 PM