Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:SOP for Subs looking for work

>All too true ProTek.
>
>I have heard rumors of layoffs and such and I'm hoping to pick up some installers as interested in thier work as thier paycheck. It seems odd that most of the responses I get don't correlate one to the other. Everyone wants to collect the $1000 a week check but all too often they lack the inspiration to complete that much work.
>
>Guess I keep weeding through 20 emails and resumes a day until we get the right people in place.
>
>Hint to Subs: Include pertinent information in your initial email to a potential employer. It helps you.
>
>Joe
>
>>Unfortunately, life here on the cable bar is no diferent than real life. There's a whole lot of BS! There's a lot of wanna be cable subs out there and a lot of contractors that post work they don't even have. I'm not saying there are not some very good subs out there looking for work (or for better work) but most people, I know, in this business, that are good at it, are already working.
>>
>>>I have recently posted a few openings thinking that this sight would be the answer to one of my many daily tasks, finding competent employees and/or subs.
>>>
>>>The emails I get in response are no more than the following:
>>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Send prices
>>>
>>><insert initials here>
>>>
>>>Not a single word about what the work is, if they are capable of doing the work or what we expect from our people. Does anyone else think it's odd that somebody applying for work has no regard for even the most simple aspects of professionalism? I figure that if somebody doesn't want you to know thier name, work history, qualifications or basic contact information then they probably aren't going to make the cut anyway.
>>>
>>>I just wanted to know if anyone else thinks that 95% of the responses off of posts here seem to lack any substance. Do these guys really even want to work?
>>>
>>>Joe

hi, i have 14 years experience in catv, im a lineman looking for work. i dont have tools or truck, but do have my lineman tools and climbing gear, what kind of work do you have and where is it. my email is (-REDACTED-) , home phone is 865-212-9868
any of you old const dogs know how to get a hold of geisie? the president of linetech out of mi.?
This is CABL.com posting #54495. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mok7
Posted in reply to: Re:SOP for Subs looking for work by Tap2Home
There are 0 replies to this message