Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Boosting Digital Cable Signal

you may have to analyze the signal level and determine if runnig a second line will give you more db to your digi boxes. run only your screwy boxes off the new line but try to do it yourself cuz comcast will always try to take the easy way out. if that doesn't work conntact a local contractor to balance the leg out. you can fix it but it will just take some work
>Hyena, the first thing you will need to determine is what carrier freq. the digital pod (channnels being affected) is at. Digital converters employ channel mapping, which is system specific. Keep in mind that just because the programming is in a digital format there's no magic involved, that digital info is still riding a normal RF carrier. hope this helps you out.
>
>>I have Comcast digital cable in NJ. HBO and high end channels keep on clicking and breaking up. The Cable box is 75 feet from the house, the line runs underground to the house, we have a digital cable receiver in family room and upstairs bedroom. Lower end channels are always fine. Called Comcast 7 times, they claim they fixed it each time, although one phone tech said a lot of people seem to complain about it. I also have cable modem service running off the same input, and that never seems to be having any problems.
>>
>>I tried a indoor Radio Shack signal amplifier for $34, but that doesn't seem to be working.
>>
>>Any ideas?
This is CABL.com posting #53951. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mocl
Posted in reply to: Re:Boosting Digital Cable Signal by xmod
There are 0 replies to this message