Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Boosting Digital Cable Signal

Hyena,
I built a system and a headend in State College and after pulling my hair out and getting alot of help we found out that it was a military radar system that was causing our problem. I am now working in Bensalem P.A..... I have Comcast
cable and they have the same issue....There is not really alot that they can do because the problem is hitting the feedhorn on their dish('s).....there are special filters that we bought that almost totally cleared up our problem....they are Expensive....there are some other little tricks that will help too....have their technical department get in touch with me and I know that we can solve 99% of their (-REDACTED-)

Thanks,
Nick

>I have Comcast digital cable in NJ. HBO and high end channels keep on clicking and breaking up. The Cable box is 75 feet from the house, the line runs underground to the house, we have a digital cable receiver in family room and upstairs bedroom. Lower end channels are always fine. Called Comcast 7 times, they claim they fixed it each time, although one phone tech said a lot of people seem to complain about it. I also have cable modem service running off the same input, and that never seems to be having any problems.
>
>I tried a indoor Radio Shack signal amplifier for $34, but that doesn't seem to be working.
>
>Any ideas?
This is CABL.com posting #53890. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mobm
Posted in reply to: Boosting Digital Cable Signal by Hyena
There is 1 reply to this message
Re:Boosting Digital Cable Signal Crackerbarrel 11/11/2001 5:52:00 PM