Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Boosting Digital Cable Signal

Digital signals may be affected by a lot of things mainly ingress, improper amplifier set-up if you just put an amplifier on your house wiring that wil not help, try checking your highest analog channels such as ch.70 - 78 if they are not snowy than signal level is most likley not your problem get a technician who has a QAM analyzer to check your house. Digital signals are prone to bit errors a tech. who with the proper test equipment can correct this type of problem.

>I have Comcast digital cable in NJ. HBO and high end channels keep on clicking and breaking up. The Cable box is 75 feet from the house, the line runs underground to the house, we have a digital cable receiver in family room and upstairs bedroom. Lower end channels are always fine. Called Comcast 7 times, they claim they fixed it each time, although one phone tech said a lot of people seem to complain about it. I also have cable modem service running off the same input, and that never seems to be having any problems.
>
>I tried a indoor Radio Shack signal amplifier for $34, but that doesn't seem to be working.
>
>Any ideas?
This is CABL.com posting #53799. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mn9T
Posted in reply to: Boosting Digital Cable Signal by Hyena
There are 0 replies to this message