Create your free account now! Sign up

Anyone else sick of seeing all the "dish people" advertising on "our" site?

I think you need to consider the CABL website the actual domain of the webmaster. He was seeking input on adding categories of the job postings. I can see your point about the satellite versus cable competition. But many installers are adept at satellite, broadband & telephony. Okay not many really, there're three. But you can see the crossover of skill sets. So instead of the "satellite guys" being banned, I say anyone who handles soft coax, you know dinky drop cable. And for that matter only guys with Bashlin hooks are allowed to post Monday through Sunday. Guys with Klein gaffs can post the second Tuesday of each week. Hmmmm, which brings me to wonder about the designers, hmmmm, you people don't even know how to change the drive gear in a "J" lasher with only a cable slitting knife, a blue bandanna, a small drive hook, and a pair of Nines with a 7/16th socket jammed onto one handle end. Oo OO OOOO hooohaaaaah. The tribe has spoken.

>As a design and drafting firm owner, I'm starting to get a little tired of all the dish jobs I see advertised on this site. As many of you know, the cable roller coaster has hit the bottom for many design firms, walkout firms, and even some construction firms. There are several design houses that I've had the pleasure of doing business with in the past, that have simply had to close the doors and find work in other "fields". I think action should be taken to ban the dish guys from the cable bar. I don't think it's appropriate to have cable business people, who have fallen on hard times,
>have to wade through all the dish work to see if they can pull in some small project to save their company's butt. I know some of you dish folks out there are good people, but it's starting to get old, seeing all the cable markets getting flooded with dishes. It's time to get your own page and do your recruiting from other sources.
>
>Kirk Paterson
>TechniView Design, Inc.
>
>
>
You don't always get what you expect, but you know what you got when you inspect. Happiness comes from within, some poor souls are just without.
This is CABL.com posting #51921. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mnFB
There is 1 reply to this message