Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:870MHz S-A need answers PLEASE READ!!!!!!

Wow, I can't believe some of the responses your getting. My first suggestion is don't ask for engineering info in this forum, I would suggest you try getting answers by joining the SCTE List, if you need the address please e-mail me.
Never Ever pad your input pad to get your outputs. Especially in a cascaded system. There is a design input level for the first IC and you must get this from the designer or the customer. If you use a higher pad value than created in the design you are forcing your forward signal closer to the noise floor and the more you do this in cascade the worse it's going to get.
On average I've seen input levels (hitting you first IC) for a Balanced triple or dual typically around 11 to 13dB and around 17 to 19 for Line extenders, these will vary according to design.
Your second IC is there to accommodate distortion and typically you will end up with a 2 to a 4 pad in your midstage, for SA Gain Maker, output pads are generally set at the factory to make minor adjustments to balance all your legs for even outputs. Again I would suggest you join the SCTE list for engineering questions. Best of luck. GTSI
This is CABL.com posting #49572. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mm3I
Posted in reply to: 870MHz S-A need answers by kcdog
There is 1 reply to this message