Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Just "defending myself & my reputation" - This is for you, Mr. Pickrell

Mr. Pickrell,

Let me preface my comments by stating this: I do not know you, nor do I know your work - beyond that which I have read over time here on the Bar. That being said, please understand that my comments are based in their entirety upon reading YOUR posts - not those of anyone else.

First, YOU came out in a post (Unmoderated, 9/28/2000) and offered to all who cared to read that YOU were a victim of 'blackballing'. Then you wrote a post (General, 7/22/2001) asking for help in assembling a group of people to "StandUp" against blackballing. I don't know if you did or not, but I, for one, took note that NO ONE responded to your plea (at least not publicly). Ever wonder why?

Now, to your charge that a blackball list is illegal, I would have to agree that there is more than likely some sort of federal regulation that is written to oppose them. However, I would say that such regulation is written to oppose the practice of blackballing people based on PERSONAL differences, because, after all, that is by definition what 'blackballing' is. The term 'blackball' (and its derivitives) is used entirely too freely, and typically out of context. Refusing to give work to an individual or company with sub-par perfomance, thereby causing the expense of more time and money than is necessary to effect the proper completion of a particular job, is NOT blackballing! It is merely the practice of a wise busimessman (or woman) establishing good quality control measures, to ensure that their business continues to prosper.

I am a relatively young man, but I have been in this line of work for nearly ten years now. I place an extremely high regard on the reputation of my work. If I were to end up on a 'blackball list' (using YOUR out-of-context definition), I would have no one to be angry at but myself, and that is because I actually understand what and why an individual or company ends up there! Over the years I have run across quite a number of people (individuals and companies alike) that provide a product that I, as a business owner and manager, refuse to purchase. Not only do I refuse to purchase it, but I have no problem whatsoever telling a client OR my competitor about it. That, my friend, is called INTEGRITY.

So then, I have two questions for you:

1) Why were you placed on a blackball list? Was it some sort of personal vendetta that the cable industry has against you? Or was it instead because your reputation got around this extremely small industry and people were no longer willing to risk their money and reputation on you?

2) If you have 'retired from the CATV contracting industry' (General, 8/18/2001), why then do you insist on hanging around here and further damaging your image by your ridiculous posts on the Bar? Albeit entertaining, it's getting old!

Say what you will about me, but my signature is forever stamped in system after system after system around this beautiful country of ours, and the thanks of their operators will forever resonate in my mind. They (my work and the operators of the systems I have built) will defend me and my retutation, not I. One or two individuals that have a problem with my personality will NEVER keep me from working in this field!

Thank you for your time, and I welcome any comments.

>I think a lot of the people here are acually figuring out what your all about O'Conner.
>My reputation is fine accept with people it don't matter anyway, like you!
>Who crying? I'm Happy! I have a life!
>Maybe you should get some "prozac" or something for you "attitude"! Might help you negativity!
>We need more possitiveness on Cabl.com instead of the deadbeats that are causing all the problems!
>
>>Cry me a river. Your reputation is what it is. That's how you got on the Blackball list. I have an extra copy if you'd like to see it.
>>
>>>I'm not upset at all! I am not trying to make Cabl.com a place to "slam" others or "Smear" others reputation!
>>>I did not start this whole mess!
>>>But, I will not lay down like a rug and be walked all over!
>>>I enjoy this site just like everyone else, and visit it everyday!
>>>The problem is "Just like in WET CEMENT"! Is that those "Childish" people out there that continue to make this site there own "Slam & Smear' others site! Like Micheal O'Conner and others I could mention!
>>>If you don't want to hear "crap" on this site.....STOP supporting it!
>>>I have always tried to "HELP" others on this site! Be supportive, be possitive!
>>>I believe even the ADMIN. of Cabl.com could say that I have tried to be a possitive influence on the site!
>>>But there are always those that want to cause trouble!
>>>I have "Always" been able to fall into an outhouse and come out smelling like a Rose!
>>>I've been pulling into a pissing contest and have come out smeling like "Clean Fresh Water"! Because I have done "Nothing" wrong! LOL
>>>Have a NICE weekend ALL!
>>>Mark A. Pickrell
>>

This is CABL.com posting #48491. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mmMh
There are 0 replies to this message