Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Quit hiring mappers w/no catv construction exp.

Oh yah, hiring a digger to map is real smart, since they bury all their mistakes to begin with. How about limiting it to people who know how a network flows? It ain't necessarily from the field bro, trust me, I've seen the mistakes.

How about hiring someone with design experience? Seems to make sense since they know how to draw which way an amp faces... Splicers would be my second choice, but after that the people you prefer are lame. Besides, splicers don't want to walk that much, especially in the cities. Too much detail, not enough clean street-side runs.... A good mapper is a different breed, and he doesn't need to know anything about bug nuts....

>This is for all good contractors or primes. Mappers without
>catv construction exp.suck. If your looking to train mappers,
>then hire with the following categories only,installers, lineman, splicers,sweep tech.,groundhands,and dirt diggers.
>All the whining and need swiss cheese are the mappers out there now, looking for gravy only. They don't even know the old cable saying,"take the good with the bad". And no, I don't need a job, been working steady in cable for 13 years.
>I worked my way up the pole and I'm finally mapping, but I will put on my hooks to another job, when i run out of maps.
This is CABL.com posting #45715. Tiny Link: cabl.co/ml3v
There is 1 reply to this message