Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Attn all negatives, whiners and bellyachers

way to go sprdave about time someone says something, if they don't like the job then don't do it. and maybe when so many people turn the work down the prices will start coming up again. thanks

>Sprdave said it exactly concerning negative and unprofessional
>messages posted on this site. Messages have definitely worsened over the past 2 years.
>A sure sign that the economy is bad and cable work is scarce.
>
>We see messages posted on the "seeking work" site looking for
>mapping, construction, etc. Then when somebody replies
>that they can offer work but the prices are low, the SAME workseekers write nasty replies,
>saying the prices are ridiculous, we're not going to do it, we would rather sit at home, etc.
>What stupid logic! Why ask for work then attack the person offering it?
>If you want something done, (e.g. on your house or car)
>and ask someone to quote for it, do you berate the guy because his price is not
>attractive to you?
>No. You simply look for another quote. So why say the people posting available work
>are offering insulting prices, are greedy bastards, may they rot in hell, etc.
>Yes, their prices may be low, but if the reply is not of interest to you, look for something else, for Christ's sake!
>Put your hand on your heart and say after me - If I obtained a 2'000 mile
>walkout contract
>tomorrow paying $250/mile, I swear I would offer my subcontractors $248/mile.
>Of course, you'd like to be in the same "directly under the prime" position you accuse others of being in. And if you are tired of being the "4th down the pecking order," find your own
>prime and contract and move up to number 2 in the line.
>
>We also read messages of "let's start a union" to stop cheap prices. If a union is ever organized,
>two things will certainly happen. Firstly, there will ALWAYS be someone who will undercut union prices,
>if any are set. Secondly, the person collecting the union dues will disappear with the cash.
>Also we see many messages criticizing guys who cannot spell, use poor punctuation, etc.
>What is wrong with that? Some of the finest people in this industry can hardly read or write. But they have phenomenal memories, and have probably forgotten
>more than a lot in the industry presently know. They are often expert craftsmen.
>It matters little if their grammar is not absolutely correct.
>As Satires - II.83 wrote "Nemo repente fuit turpissimus" (and I'll guarantee
>99% of people reading this message will have to look this up).
>
>Given the present negative postings trend, I'll be shocked if this posting does not bring forth many replies suggesting I am a moron, crackhead, pompous ass, have no clue what I am talking about, full of my own importance, etc.
>
>Per Ardua Ad Astra, my friends.
>
> .
>
This is CABL.com posting #45417. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mlYH
Posted in reply to: Attn all negatives, whiners and bellyachers by jockey
There are 0 replies to this message