Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Question for all you TV Repairmen!

I haven't cracked the back off a television in a lifetime, but your chromo problem is not related to the guns. (Although @ 10 yrs old, that's right around the corner. It's also possible, if not likely, that your chromo problem is masking a gun issue. Welcome to the world of 10 year old projection.)

You should have in the area around the chassis, a block diagram of the sets circuit. Study it and find the module labeled "Chromo Amp" or Chromo board, something to that effect. You're local "grumpy old TV guy" (find the one that has handled Magnavox forever) should be able to get you the module, for what is certain to appear obscene in price. Don't bust his balls. If you think you have it bad in cable, try to earn a buck repairing TV's. These days you can get your set fixed on the web.

Oh BTW, the service call is $75. And "this problem is pretty complicated sir, we're going to have to take it back to the shop. We'll call you tomorrow with an estimate".

ROFL....Oh man that takes me back..just like the old days.....
Now some of you kids give an old man a hand putting this thing in the truck...."DONT SCRATCH THE CABINET!"

>Not a TV repaiorman either but from the scopes I've worked on I'd guess the color amp is out.
>
>>the rgb board is most likely bad. It is highly unlikely all three bulbs blew at the same time. Not a repairman so take it at what its worth.
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>> I have just acquired a 52" Magnavox Big Screen TV. One problem though: there's no color in the picture. The TV is about 10 years old, and the color left the picture recently.
>>> Any idea what the problem may be? I'm not sure how the color works on these TV's. Is there a seperate picture tube for each color (RBG)? Is this a common problem with a common solution?
>>> Thanks for your help!
>>>
>>>-Brandon
>>>
This is CABL.com posting #45308. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mlWW
Posted in reply to: Re:Question for all you TV Repairmen! by Kid Colt
There are 0 replies to this message