Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Mappers are waking up and standing up!!!!

Here's a transcript of an e-mail I got from a company that has some walk-out in a western state.....I removed the name and contact info:

contactCost sheet for XXXX mapping job.

We understand that prices are low everywhere, however we know that there are mappers needing work desperately.

We have been fortunate to have found this work and willing to share it with you.

Here the price’s for the aerial and underground.

Aerial $75.00 per mile

Underground $85.00 per mile

3 miles per day required based on a 6-day workweek.

No Sunday’s unless in Industrial Area.

Any question please call XXX-XXX-XXXX

As you can see,they know SOMEONE will show up for the job no matter what the prices. And I feel Oh so warm and fuzzy that they are "willing to share this with me!" I built a shitload of trunk in this particular system and 3 miles a day is a stretch..... As long as some sub-standard mappers are willing to work for these shit prices,the legit mappers and field engineers are gonna have a tough time finding what used to be decent paying work.... I'm kinda running outta hope that there ever will be a good paying project again......

Later,

SD

(-REDACTED-) " align=baseline border=0>

"He had that rare weird electricity about him. That extremely wild and heavy presence that you only see in a person who has abandoned all hope of ever behaving "normally". --- Hunter S Thompson - Fear And Loathing - 1972
This is CABL.com posting #43929. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mlAH
Posted in reply to: Mappers are waking up and standing up!!!! by lamapper
There are 2 replies to this message
Re:Mappers are waking up and standing up!!!! ssasinator 7/5/2001 12:22:00 AM
Re:Mappers are waking up and standing up!!!! lamapper 7/5/2001 12:01:00 AM