Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:A Question For All Cable Guys And Gal's

Very Nice!
SD

>Pops is right. You have no argument that your age is the sole issue. In that while you have apparently sufficient experience in the applications, you are to young (in the eyes of this employer) to have sufficient management experience. In order to claim discrimination (even if you were 80) you would have to show you posses what a reasonable person would see as sufficient experience for the job you have applied for. That you have realized loss, due purely to an unreasonable prejudice held by this employer. As I have read your complaint, you clearly do not.
>
>Furthermore, I would add that your desire to seek a remedy through litigation in this instance is a fair sign that the employer here, is correct. You are considering sueing someone that you have no investment in beyond a few interviews. A mature manager would recognize instantly that this employer is not going to hire him. With the understanding that further time considering this group is time wasted. He would have graciously thanked this potential employer for his time, perhaps sent him a thankyou note with his personal data on it, requesting he keep him in mind for future concerns. Immediately moving on to his already established next option.
>
>In my view, you allowed yourself to become emotionally invested in what was clearly a long shot. We have all done it, there is no shame in it. That my friend is what is called "experience". Now that you have some, use this knowledge and move on to the next option where you can use what experience you have, to serve another client / employer.
>
>Best of luck.
>
>>First, the concept of age discrimination bears some brief explanation. It is not illegal to discriminate against someone for being "too young." In fact, the anti age discrimination laws do not protect anyone under 40. The purpose of these laws, and the way they are written, are to protect workers from discrimination on the basis of being "too old."
>>
>>--------> You might want to do a Web search on age discrimination for more indepth info., or call your local state rep. and join a lobby group to help CHANGE THE LAW.
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
"He had that rare weird electricity about him. That extremely wild and heavy presence that you only see in a person who has abandoned all hope of ever behaving "normally". --- Hunter S Thompson - Fear And Loathing - 1972
This is CABL.com posting #43553. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mluD
Posted in reply to: Re:A Question For All Cable Guys And Gal's by Directional Coupler
There are 0 replies to this message