Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:A Question For All Cable Guys And Gal's

I would have to agree with sprdave and D/C. PAY YOUR DUES MAN!!!!!!!!!!

>Sorry to rain on your parade---Some of these ole'LineDogs have more experience on 1 sh*t job than you could EVER learn in school....It's not discrimination--It's good sense! Pay your dues,boy! You'll get there one day...
>Later,
>SD
>
>>the bottom line is that that company wants to keep the truely good splicers happy (more money) and they most likely value thier workers opinions sounds like a goodcompanyhow about get those tools off the shelf and take a splicing position with them and show them your a real splicer (if POSSIBLE) and not just a desk jockey if your good people will know right away
>>
>>
>>>I am a 25 yr old Cable Guy that have been in the buisness for
>>>7 yrs plus I have 3 yrs of College /Communications.
>>>I have exp. as Project Mgr,Splcing Supervisor,QC,SweepCertification,Splicier,Aerial/UndergroundConstruction,Subcontractor,Mapper,DigitalHeadendTech.,
>>>PowersupplyTech.,Permits,Locates And More.
>>>
>>>So to get to the point I applied for a Splicing Supervisor job at a Company they where going to take me I had great refrences from MSO's and form past Managers all gave me a good refrence. My qualifications matched, well the comapny comes back to me and say's my Age is holding me back because there splicers are much older than me. I took this as Discrimination. It would be different if I didnt have the experience to do the job but I do. This company that I am talking about still havent hired anyone for the position.
>>>If any of you agree with me please respond.
>>>
>>>Thankyou
This is CABL.com posting #43464. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mltc
Posted in reply to: Re:A Question For All Cable Guys And Gal's by sprdave
There are 0 replies to this message